Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 330 (Pencil/Slit Skirts)

Reviewed by:Skymom

About Skymom
IL USA
Posted on:7/27/02 0:03 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Skymom said... (11/12/03 7:19 AM) Reply
Dr.Sue, I figured that out on my own at a later date, and felt a complete dolt that I hadn't done so earlier. Oh well. Meanwhile, I've moved on to Christine's Basewear 2 straight skirt with the little flounce at the bottom, and love it. I might graft on the Slit Skirt wide waistband for comfort next time.
drsue said... (11/11/03 10:22 PM) Reply
I ust made both verions of these skirts. had same issue with pivot. Looked up how to do concave corners in my serger book. Instead of pivoting you straighten the fabric and serge as if straight. easy as pie. should have been in the directions. I hated the negative ease of this pattern and will change that next time.
said... (10/5/02 10:31 PM) Reply
If I ever get my act together and borrow a digital camera and get photos up online somewhere, I post this one. By the way, I met Christine Jonson at a sewing expo recently, and she said if you want less taper in the pencil skirt, but still like the waistband, simply to redraw the pattern going straighter down from the widest point of the hip. Sensible--but I haven't tried it yet!
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
said... (10/5/02 3:52 PM) Reply
i'm presently fascinated by CJ's patterns, so i would love to see a photo of your muslin or a fancier skirt!
Click here if you wish to edit your comment