Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1312 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:8/29/12 5:06 PM
Last Updated:9/3/12 2:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
kkkkaty said... (1/10/13 12:12 PM) Reply
Love this dress, and will be making it in a knit. I have some ponte I'd like to use. Do you think you need as much fabric as the pattern suggests? I have three yards, would some creative thinking on the layout make that enough? Also, glad to see you post, and wondering how Ann is since she also hasn't posted in a while. Pls pass along best wishes from a fan of her reviews....
DorothyK said... (1/9/13 1:08 PM) Reply
GinormicaMG, thank you for your comments. I did not use a serger - I don't even have one. Sometimes I use a small zigzag on knits (a tip from Sandra Betzina), but I'm not even sure if I did that on this pattern. I think you will love the dress in a knit.
GinormicaMG said... (1/8/13 4:20 PM) Reply
Great job Dorothy and i love the pose and YOUR shoes were just right. I am also thinking of making this dress in a knit fabric. However, did you use a serger for this??
Leslie Bonner said... (12/28/12 5:25 PM) Reply
Another great review and great results from this pattern. Love the poses - Vogue really got our attention with their bizzare poses.
Gendun said... (12/24/12 12:34 PM) Reply
As always, love your reviews and you look fab.
Graca said... (9/12/12 6:11 PM) Reply
You nailed those poses!
Baja Susana said... (9/9/12 1:26 PM) Reply
The dress looks lovely on you. And I love all of your poses, I had a nice chuckle. Your personality shines through. And you do not need those ugly S $ M shoes that the model is wearing.
jlg said... (9/8/12 5:20 PM) Reply
Love the dress, fantastic review and great photos.
CypGrl said... (9/5/12 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for a good laugh looking at your poses. I vote for glamorous. Actually, it is glamorous on you!
chenille said... (9/4/12 5:21 PM) Reply
Awesome pose! This looks great on you.
Marge99 said... (9/4/12 1:39 PM) Reply
The glamorous pose shot is brilliant!
Jstarr4250 said... (9/3/12 11:26 PM) Reply
Love the entire look- fun dress, jewelry, shoes. It's a great look!
sewtime said... (9/3/12 9:38 PM) Reply
Very cute, love your review!
sewtime said... (9/3/12 9:38 PM) Reply
Very cute, love your review!
hpsauce said... (9/3/12 7:38 PM) Reply
You rock, both the dress and the poses!
mhk3boys said... (9/3/12 6:27 PM) Reply
I love your dress and review! I also LOVE your sense of humor!
zoe said... (9/3/12 6:15 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful. Comfortable too; better and better.
rivergum said... (9/3/12 4:15 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! It's on my list in a knit too, but I am procrastinating because a knit can't be ripped. Last time I made this using Sham's tablecloth method I ripped all the skirt pieces and it was super quick. Having to cut them will be a nuisance.
pegsewer said... (9/3/12 3:28 PM) Reply
Love your look!
AndreaSews said... (9/3/12 3:19 PM) Reply
Love it, looks great on you!
KensingtonCrab said... (9/3/12 2:44 PM) Reply
Great dress and the pose is spot on! I hope your leg muscles aren't sore in the morning! :)
Ann Smith said... (8/31/12 12:07 PM) Reply
Love this. What a great comfort yet edgy dress. Can't wait to make it too.
NVK said... (8/30/12 11:12 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see the photo in the pattern pose. I would love to hear your DH comments when taking the photo. This dress looks great on you. It goes with your individual style which I love. A job done well.
Renata said... (8/30/12 7:11 AM) Reply
You have a way of wearing and styling these edgy dresses that makes me want to make them. You look fabulous.
2 Airedales n Me said... (8/30/12 1:57 AM) Reply
Oh yes, using a knit was clever. I love this dress for all the reasons you've stated and appreciate your review even though I'll be adding inches on to the length! Really edgy and cool. One disappointment though.....no pose........ :( (LOL)
VogueMistress said... (8/29/12 9:21 PM) Reply
You look great! I like it better on you...pose or no pose.
marthamyers said... (8/29/12 9:18 PM) Reply
Great version of this very interesting pattern. I have been wondering about how the bodice would fit without any darts. You were smart to make it in a knit. It looks perfect on you!
Graca said... (8/29/12 9:12 PM) Reply
It looks great! I really like yours with the long sleeves. I agree with going a size smaller, I thought the ease was generous and I think I will take your advice on that for my next one. Beautiful job.
lamstu said... (8/29/12 8:59 PM) Reply
What a fun dress!
mm said... (8/29/12 7:53 PM) Reply
I have ordered this pattern so am delighted to see how well it turned out.
jenleeC said... (8/29/12 7:40 PM) Reply
Great dress! I am a shorty too so it is good to see this style still works when shortened. I second the request for some crazy poses!
DorothyK said... (8/29/12 7:01 PM) Reply
OK, I guess I'll have to take a picture with the pose. Will repost when it's ready.
Barbara V said... (8/29/12 6:37 PM) Reply
Totally cool dress, Dorothy! Where's the pose????!!! Your alterations on length proved to give good proportion and choice to omit the zipper was smart. You look great in it!
Nrs4lyf said... (8/29/12 6:20 PM) Reply
Good job. I'm inspired!
kkkkaty said... (8/29/12 6:11 PM) Reply
so cute, but darn it, we want to see the pose too!
kathleencramer said... (8/29/12 5:32 PM) Reply