Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2009-111 (Biker Jacket)

Review submitted in Lined Jacket Contest Contest

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
montanachic said... (9/7/12 9:37 AM) Reply
This is AMAZING!
j Renee Design said... (9/4/12 2:12 PM) Reply
This jacket is amazing! Awesome tips for working with leather, too.
Nancy K said... (9/2/12 8:45 PM) Reply
I know what you mean about never wanting to sew leather again and wanting to make another project. Not being able to rip the stitches makes it kind of nerve wracking. You did a great job and it looks great on.
iridaea said... (9/2/12 5:47 PM) Reply
super! love/hate fabric? Yeah, I get that! Do you think sewing by hand would have been easier? Kudos!
Sarsez said... (9/1/12 7:39 AM) Reply
Really stunning jacket.
Barbara V said... (8/31/12 9:15 PM) Reply
It's beautiful in every way! Congratulations! Wear it with pride!!!!
Maree P said... (8/31/12 8:31 PM) Reply
Everything about this is stunning...gorgeous style, buttery leather, and your sewing and drafting skills are impeccable. Congratulations on your jacket.
MNBarb said... (8/31/12 8:06 PM) Reply
Ahh, I can almost FEEL the softness of the leather through the photos. You did a smashing job with this jacket!
chenille said... (8/31/12 6:15 PM) Reply
I just love this! I am in awe of the work and how professional this looks.
Aroura said... (8/31/12 4:41 PM) Reply
Totally amazing work, I am so impressed! You did an amazing job both drafting and sewing this up. And your leather is just a gorgeous color, love everything about it!
allycovey said... (8/31/12 4:38 PM) Reply
You did a great job!!!!!!
grays08 said... (8/31/12 2:30 PM) Reply
Way to hang in there and stick with it...awesome jacket. I think you did an excellent job with all the revisions - truly impressive!
marymary86 said... (8/31/12 12:54 PM) Reply
Nicely done! It looks amazing but it also looks amazing on you!
bebro said... (8/31/12 12:49 PM) Reply
Amazing! I can't believe someone could actually sew a leather jacket and have it look so--so---REAL!
rozzybabe said... (8/31/12 12:48 PM) Reply
Great effort, you did amazing work in duplicating the knock off. Congratulations!!
SavageCoco said... (8/31/12 12:35 PM) Reply
Ooooh, man, you are BRAVE. And really, really well done! Brava!
crisford said... (8/31/12 12:25 PM) Reply
That is really amazing! What a wonderful finished project, it fits you like a glove and the gorgeous leather begs to be touched. Thank you for the inspiration!
marec said... (8/31/12 11:41 AM) Reply
My gosh-that is a beautiful jacket and very nicely fitted. I applaud your courage, persistence and patience, as well as your creativity.
cleverkitty said... (8/31/12 11:10 AM) Reply
Incredible, this is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sewnaomi said... (8/31/12 10:59 AM) Reply
Your topstiching and sleeve vents are beautiful. Thanks for not setting it on fire:) Looking at it is a treat.
Wianno Girl said... (8/31/12 10:33 AM) Reply
Your jacket is WAY more amazing than the Fossil. The sewing is perfect even up close on your blog. Thank you for listing your sources.
froggiegirl said... (8/31/12 10:30 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your comments! Forgetting how much the materials cost really helped with making the project. When I added the cost up after posting the review I almost fainted.
lcdrbetty said... (8/31/12 9:54 AM) Reply
Great jacket!! Impressed with all your alterations...I would have been crying through all that! Fabulous!
truebias said... (8/31/12 9:51 AM) Reply
this is amazing!
wordchick said... (8/31/12 9:30 AM) Reply
Wow...you go girl! I think it looks fantastic! I love the color and your courage to take on leather @ home! Great job....
Sewlful said... (8/31/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Your jacket is AHMAZING!! I have this pattern and some faux leather than I planned to make this up last winter. Never got to it. Now seeing your wonderful work, I'm not sure I'm ready. This is an absolute winner!
QueenZ said... (8/31/12 9:17 AM) Reply
That's a damn good-looking jacket, (am I allowed to say that?)!!!
Jstarr4250 said... (8/31/12 7:00 AM) Reply
You are so brave...this is beautiful. It takes a lot of courage to cut into $200 worth of leather! The zippers are most impressive of all.
Westy85 said... (8/31/12 5:26 AM) Reply
Wow impressive jacket looks amazing.
Renata said... (8/31/12 3:09 AM) Reply
A very impressive jacket, both for looks and first attempt at working with leather. As far as difference in colour, I am sure you would be the only one to judge that too harshly, isn't that the nature of leather. I think once it softens up it will look even better than it does now. If not, I will be very happy to take it off your hands. A winner!
Jrhee said... (8/31/12 1:28 AM) Reply
Looks great!
poppykettle said... (8/31/12 1:22 AM) Reply
This is just totally uber-cool. I knew of the pattern, but you've just totally raised my opinion of it. HAWT!
Knitters Delight said... (8/31/12 0:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful work. A very professional job!
PattyE said... (8/30/12 10:57 PM) Reply
I've been dying to see your jacket...it's worth the wait...so cool.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/30/12 10:38 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great looking jacket! I am very impressed with your leather sewing.
nancy2001 said... (8/30/12 9:55 PM) Reply
Wow! Super duper and very impressive! Your pattern drafting and sewing skills really are "up to snuff" because this stunning jacket looks even better than the Fossil original!
MaryDB said... (8/30/12 9:37 PM) Reply
Bravo! Gorgeous jacket, nice work.

by: Jstarr4250