Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1021 (Hazel)

Reviewed by:SusanMenta

About SusanMentastar
TX USA
Member since: 5/2/04
Posted on:9/5/12 11:05 PM
Last Updated:9/6/12 10:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Deepika said... (5/21/14 11:58 AM) Reply
Susan, your dress is lovely. Fits you like a dream too. Love the shoes!
brynapg said... (5/21/14 11:46 AM) Reply
i love this version! i made this pattern once and love it but i would like to make a version that has a bit more coverage. i am wondering if you would consider sharing the pattern piece somehow? i don't have a dress form and haven't self drafted before, so making this myself would be a bit tricky. it'd be great to see how you did this and try it myself. would you consider putting a photo of the pattern piece here or on flickr?
Gendun said... (3/28/13 2:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous on you! Love the piping to set off the structural lines. Very nice fabric, too. :) Altogether you and it are a package. (hehe) Note to Jstarr: You could wear that! You are a beautiful woman, and at our age (yupp, me too) it's all about the fabric choice and the accessories. From your picture I think you're up to pulling off tasteful. ;)
Mar.Mar.Mar said... (1/22/13 11:41 PM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE the mods you did on this dress. I like the way the bodice is drafted, but like you I'm not a fan of the dirndl skirt. I'm planning a border print version, but I think I'll redraft the straps into something similar to yours in the back (but with a look similar to the original in front). Thanks for the inspiration!
moonthirty said... (9/9/12 11:47 PM) Reply
This is such a terrific version -- I love all of your modifications... The straps, the hem band, the piping, all of it. Beautiful job!
aleah42 said... (9/8/12 5:33 PM) Reply
Wow, I love everything about this dress!! The fabric is fantastic, the piping is just perfect (the hem might be my favorite) and your sleeve modification is a definite improvement on the pattern. Awesome!
zoe said... (9/7/12 11:02 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I LOVE the yellow piping with that fabric. Perfect.
SusanMenta said... (9/7/12 9:36 AM) Reply
Thanks Clare. It was good to see you too and great to meet your daughter. Next time we'll make sure we come in winter so the lack of air-conditioning won't chase us out before we've totally investigated everything that great store had to offer.
prostheticsgirl said... (9/7/12 8:58 AM) Reply
I LOVE your version! The V neckline is super flattering, the back detail is wonderful, and the piping is such a nice additiion to your lovely fabric
Scheri said... (9/7/12 1:27 AM) Reply
Wow beautiful
AuntieShel said... (9/6/12 8:27 PM) Reply
Wow, this is fabulous, love the yellow piping and that fantastic fabric!!
Raye Ann said... (9/6/12 5:17 PM) Reply
This is fabulous! I love the fabric and the finished dress, especially the back cutout.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/6/12 5:03 PM) Reply
Your dress is fabulous!!! I love your "project runway" tip too. I will definitely try that sometime. BTW, daughter and I had a great time at lunch and Super Textiles last weekend!! :)
sunnysewer said... (9/6/12 2:48 PM) Reply
fantastic
RLL said... (9/6/12 11:58 AM) Reply
What a cute dress. Nice job!
Jstarr4250 said... (9/6/12 10:48 AM) Reply
Oh to be 25 again (or 35 or 45!) and be able to pull off these adorable Colette patterns. This is beautiful on you - the piping, the back, all of it. And what creative changes you've made to the original pattern.

by: FreyaStark