Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> n/a (Pillows)

Reviewed by:jacalhoun

About jacalhounstarstar
PA
Member since: 9/6/04

Posted on:1/15/05 2:26 PM

jacalhoun said... (1/16/05 6:20 PM) Reply
granolamom, I HATE hand-stitching, so didn't want to slipstitch the last side. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the time to do it. It would have looked SOOO much nicer! SewTwin, I considered doing that, but I wanted it to look more like a pillow than a pillowcase.
SewTwin said... (1/16/05 0:42 AM) Reply
Your pillows look great. I have made several pillows with panels, and copied readymade expensive pillows. You make the back by cutting 2 panels that are 2/3 the length of the back,overlap them with the center edges stitched and turned under. Sew it all on the serger on the outside,using the center back opening to turn the pillow cover.Of course, always use pillows,they are cheap at Wally-World, or wherever!Good Luck!
granolamom said... (1/15/05 10:43 PM) Reply
I think the pillows look great! A question though - why not slipstitch the last side? Also, I recently made some pillows, I used purchased pillows to stuff 2 and stuffing for the other two. The purchased pillows are much more comfy. And the stuffing made a huge mess and was difficult to clean up.

The Technique of Underlining Garments