Pattern Reviews> Other> 3221 (MakeBra)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:9/16/12 1:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Jrhee said... (9/21/12 11:28 AM) Reply
Poppykettle, thanks for the comment - I am a huge fan of your exquisite work! I recycled underwires from an old bra that I didn't wear anymore for this bra, as it was really just a muslin. (and along the same lines, I think I will make proper bra straps for the next one too.) I found the customer service with Annele at MakeBra very good, and the international shipping was very reasonable, and I very well might order some from her. There is also the bramakerssupply.com mentioned, and another PR member suggested www.sewsassy.com, which is a US company. Sew Sassy has the lengths listed for their underwires, and they have bra elastics and trims for 20cents per yard. I think I might have to give them a try too. The bramakerssupply website says that too-long underwires can be cut and epoxied to the right length. BTW, I am an engineer by day also (mechanical, though) and have no qualms about cutting, shearing, sanding, and epoxying hard bits, so I might try ordering on the big side and modifying if necessary.
poppykettle said... (9/20/12 10:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review - I've been carefully watching everyone's bra-making experience as I'm planning at some point to try for myself. I reckon this looks fabulous!! I read somewhere else about whether you even need to have strap adjusters on self-made bras, seeing as they are made specifically for you, and thought that was and interesting POV. I'd love to know if you bought the underwires from makebra, and if so - was the sizing what you expected? Thanks!
ChristianaT said... (9/17/12 1:17 PM) Reply
Awesome job! Finding the fabrics and supplies will be a challenge for me.
renren said... (9/17/12 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the info on the MakeBra site--and a free panty pattern there, too! Looks like a great site for beginning a bra making adventure.
Jrhee said... (9/16/12 1:02 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! ArtAttack, doesn't this look like a piece of candy?!
ArtAttack said... (9/16/12 12:43 PM) Reply
OOH...Yummy! Great job! Aren't bras fun? If you need supplies and don't know about bramakerssupply.com check them out. You have motivated me to sew one up I have the supplies for! Thanks!!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/16/12 9:43 AM) Reply
Pretty bra!! I am about to embark on bra making in the next day or so. Thanks for all the info and another great bra making website!!
lyndle said... (9/16/12 5:15 AM) Reply
Very cute. Thanks for the helpful review!

by: julliams