Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB 3/4 sleeve top (PMB3 t-shirt)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:1/18/05 11:02 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

MaryBeth said... (1/19/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Love that tie neckline, Deb
Doris Stewart said... (1/19/05 7:00 AM) Reply
Your reviews are always informative and entertaining - great job. Love the top, too.
Danvillegirl said... (1/19/05 5:56 AM) Reply
Debbie your review is very timely. I just drafted a vneck top with PMB3 and used the scaling techniques saved from other PMB members. By doing so I eliminated a lot of extra sewing. I love your neck tie idea. I might incorporate that in my next top. I wish I had made the v deeper. Love the use of your fabrics.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/19/05 5:37 AM) Reply
Too true! Your top is special because it has sleeves that match your pants. In fact, that design made me like your top right away. If it were all one print, it wouldn't be as unique--or look so cool with those pants. Ten minutes--oooh, what a dream! I totally agree about sewing & being your own designer. Now go be good to your muse!
Debbie Cook said... (1/19/05 4:52 AM) Reply
Georgene, you crack me up! No, but does it pay better than SAHM? Maybe I should apply! Mrs Q, Ah HAH! It was YOU! Everyone elseTHANK YOU ... y'all make a girl's head swell!! :-)
PattyU said... (1/19/05 4:43 AM) Reply
Debbie, you write the BEST reviews. Thanks.
mrs quickly said... (1/18/05 9:46 PM) Reply
Great looking top. I love the way you combined the print with brown. It really tones down this wild print. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who got two yards, but it's a bit more colorful than I expected. I think I'll take my lead from you and look for something to mix it with. Having the solid fabric next to my face might allow me to actually wear a print like this.
candyo said... (1/18/05 9:24 PM) Reply
Deepika should use this as an example of how to write the best possible review. Anyway, I LOVE that fabric!! And that's such a cool top. Your drafting is inspiring- I hope to be at that stage one day.
PVA said... (1/18/05 6:20 PM) Reply
Debbie, thanks for the review -- you did a wonderful job of making the most of what you had to work with. It's also a very graphic lesson on what a difference it makes to take the time to tweak the fit! It turns a mediocre garment into a real winner! Thanks, too for all the details & photos.
marya said... (1/18/05 3:49 PM) Reply
Wonderful review Debbie. And your drawings/explanations are wonderfully clear. Being able to see your growing mastery of patternmaking is inspiring. Thanks
sewsue said... (1/18/05 3:02 PM) Reply
Lovely top. You are right about being our own designer and this is for me the best part about sewing.
Levone said... (1/18/05 2:09 PM) Reply
Very nice.
Rustybobn said... (1/18/05 11:33 AM) Reply
Cool top, Debbie! Thanks for all the details. I like the modifications you made.
Georgene said... (1/18/05 11:26 AM) Reply
Great use of fabric, with your tiny cut of the print, it worked out well. Thanks for a thorough and entertaining review. Are you a documentation developer in another life? Your reviews are consistently excellent and informative.

More Knits