Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5208 (Ellen Tracy blouse)

Reviewed by:redhead

About redheadstar
Member since: 10/18/03
Posted on:1/19/05 10:16 PM
Last Updated:1/28/05 9:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
PegL said... (1/29/05 7:50 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful blouse and nicely done!
PhyllisC said... (1/29/05 7:13 AM) Reply
Oh yes....I'm a big fan of Ellen Tracy. Splendid interpretation!
KarmenG said... (1/29/05 6:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for the wonderful review. I love the blouse on you. I have this pattern too and will dig into the stash for the right drapey fabric, motivated by your success. Thanks!
jlg said... (1/29/05 5:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. It looks lovely on you.
Lisa Laree said... (1/28/05 9:27 PM) Reply
What a lovely, classic blouse! I;ve got this pattern...wonder if there's anything handy from the stash to make it up with...
PVA said... (1/28/05 9:24 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review -- this is the style of blouse I have always loved! Yours is a beautiful result -- sounds like the pattern gives lots of options & I definitely like that!
Jennifer shaw said... (1/20/05 8:45 AM) Reply
Thanks so much! I have this pattern, so it was great to read your review.
redhead said... (1/20/05 8:44 AM) Reply
Yes, I will add a picture in the next day or so. Jennifer, I cut a size 12 like I always do, and the fit was excellent in the shoulders. It drapes nicely and, in a soft fabric, blouses easily and elegantly at the waist. I think the fit is very nice. Also, the collar lies perfectly when I choose to wear it folded over the collar of my jackets.
AnneM said... (1/20/05 7:25 AM) Reply
It does sound like a useful pattern! I'm always attracted to the more shaped patterns, but most of my RTW wardrobe is actually this style of classic blouse (or the pull-over version).
Tini said... (1/20/05 1:41 AM) Reply
sounds great ( I'm working in a bank, so a shirt like this is always nice to have...) any chance of a picture?
Jennifer shaw said... (1/20/05 0:04 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review! Would you say that this pattern runs true to size? Could you post a picture?

The Whimsy Bag Paper Pattern