Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5591 (Misses Skirts )

Reviewed by:sunnysewing

About sunnysewingstarstarstar
WI United States
Member since: 5/4/12
Posted on:10/3/12 12:42 PM
Last Updated:10/3/12 12:45 PM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
cleverkitty said... (10/3/12 6:53 PM) Reply
oh yes your way to hard on yourself first I looked at the picture and thought PERFECTION I'm loving that fabric like you can't believe. And the pleats I never noticed which way they were going, I have made skirts either way. Enjoy your skirt :)
ktr2567 said... (10/3/12 5:00 PM) Reply
It's way cute and your too hard on yourself...I think something in a purplish color might work as a top which shows you what I know. You'll need it for your tropical adventures this winter lol..
2takeKate said... (10/3/12 2:52 PM) Reply
It is really cute, but as a Midwest native I totally understand ;-). I have this on top of my "skirts to make" pile but hadn't read about the pleating yet; I agree that pressing towards the middle seems odd! I hope your next drapier version will make you happier. It's worth a try!
sunnysewing said... (10/3/12 1:47 PM) Reply
Thanks so much :D I guess we are always more critical of ourselves ;-) I'm sad I made this in the fall. Here in Wisconsin it's not practical!
persevering said... (10/3/12 12:59 PM) Reply
Honestly, your skirt is beautiful and you look good in it - the white top is fine with it - as it makes the skirt pop without being too much, IMHO. And now you know what to do to make a similar skirt you like even better. Sounds like success to me!

The Technique of Underlining Garments