Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 824 (Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant)

Reviewed by:edube

About edubestar
ME USA
Member since: 7/9/03
Posted on:1/22/05 8:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Sherril Miller said... (1/23/05 1:51 PM) Reply
Those are some cute pull-ons. I like the wider legs on you. If they don't fit well in the crotch length, you can easily fix that. Put the pants on and pin the elastic around your waist at a comfortable length. Then pull your pants up or down until you get the crotch fit just right. Then mark with chalk where you want the fold over on the elastic to be. Add the width of your elastic above the chalkline and cut. Then apply your elastic the way you like. They will be custom fitted to your crotch length.
AnneM said... (1/23/05 1:20 PM) Reply
What are hasbands for, after all, but comments like that! ;) Those pants look great on you. I'm tempted to try these, but I have some Burdas that I need to make first! :)
Danvillegirl said... (1/23/05 1:18 PM) Reply
Helpful review.
JDpenelope said... (1/23/05 9:44 AM) Reply
Your pants (and top) look great! The What Not To Wear girls recommend flared pants, for a slimming effect. Yours came out dandy. I'm venturing into sewing some pants--want an easy pull-on pattern to start. Maybe this is it. I'm afraid of Burda, even though I've heard such good things about their fit.
ClaireC said... (1/23/05 5:55 AM) Reply
The legs look good to me...just right. Nice job and thanks for reviewing. I wondered if the wide legs were also tapered?
Kathy Russell said... (1/23/05 1:18 AM) Reply
I have been considering this pattern- I'm glad you reviewed it. They look good in the picture- the burda's you like better are they also pull on. where did you order this pattern from?i also would prefer a pant pattern that doesn't taper in at the bottom. Nice review.
edube said... (1/22/05 10:08 PM) Reply
Not sure what happened--should be fixed now. Thanks, Sherril, for pointing this out.
Sherril Miller said... (1/22/05 9:11 PM) Reply
I'd love to see your pic of these pants. Your pic just takes me to a sign-in page. These are one of my TNT patterns. In fact, I'm wearing them now.

Silhouette Patterns #3400