Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Fashion Sewing Group> 1945A (1945A addon for Jacket 1945)

Reviewed by:kellyt

About kellytstar
WA United States
Member since: 8/18/02
Posted on:1/23/05 0:36 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
JDpenelope said... (1/24/05 7:32 PM) Reply
Wow, you've been busy. Just beautiful--you're a talented lady.
Danvillegirl said... (1/24/05 6:37 PM) Reply
I like this jacket on you. I made this up several years ago and I too find it slimming. I may have to give it a go again after seeing yours.
Karla Kizer said... (1/23/05 6:40 PM) Reply
Wow, could this be any more perfect? I think you've sold another pattern. Perfect fabric selection, too. Yup, I want one.
Jennifer shaw said... (1/23/05 6:32 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning on you! Thank you for the review of the pattern. I would love to have this pattern, it is finally going on the wish list!!!
kellyt said... (1/23/05 1:11 PM) Reply
I usually sew a size 12 in Vogue. My bust is 34.5, Waist 28.75, Hip 39. You can call Nancy and ask her what she thinks, she is very helpful. She has a discussion on Sewing World - http://www.sewingworld.com/cgi-bin/bbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=001629. Hope this helps!
MickeyFan said... (1/23/05 11:41 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! I have this pattern set aside for some linen blend fabric in the stash. Like Martha, I am having trouble deciding what size to use. What size do you typically sew in the Big 4?
Mandolin82 said... (1/23/05 10:11 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. I am going to have to consider finally buying one of Nancy's patterns.
VtMartha said... (1/23/05 8:04 AM) Reply
Kelly, your jacket looks wonderful! I had just started preparing this pattern last night but I'm having trouble deciding which size to trace. I don't have a jacket which fits me well to measure. Would you suggest taking my bust measurement and adding the recommended ease (4-5") to select the size to trace?
marjenann said... (1/23/05 7:50 AM) Reply
I love the look of your jacket!!! Good for the workplace and yet looks great with jeans!!! Beautiful fit too!!!
ClaireC said... (1/23/05 5:42 AM) Reply
Kelly, the jacket is beautiful and I too thing Nancy is wonderful. I have not yet met her. I hear you about the workplace, but I wear my jackets anyway. I just don't wear matched skirt suits, but I do wear a pantsuit now and then and unmatched separates.

by: cybperry