Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6110 (top and leggings)

Reviewed by:DonnaH

About DonnaHstar
TX United States
Member since: 10/1/03
Posted on:10/17/12 1:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
DonnaH said... (1/9/13 2:27 PM) Reply
Sherril - I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't work. Basically it boils down to the neck/placket. (Mine is failry modest, but there is a slight chance of it slipping and my bra strap showing. I think it would be about the samw w/ the V neck. After this first version I muslined a smaller neck (took out ~1" on either side of the back neck piece, I have narrow shoulders), but have yet to sew up a finished garment w/ the new neck size. That should happen tonight or tomorrow, since I'm doing this for OPML.
Sherril Miller said... (1/8/13 6:53 PM) Reply
This top is so cute, I love the pattern. How modest is this version? I'm trying to decide which one to make.
ktr2567 said... (12/1/12 11:07 PM) Reply
Very nice, looks really well made and so comfy!
DonnaH said... (10/19/12 1:01 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. I love this top - can't wait for it to cool off enough so I can wear it! While writing the review I forgot to add my saga of the sleeves - since the underarm seam is about the only seam left uncovered (and it doesn't get pressed open), I got the idea to try a fake-serged edge (I don't have a serger, and had never tried using those stitches on my machine). The cuffs went on before the sleeves were attached, plus there is a seam along the sleeve, so in spite of the fact that you can't really tell the "back" of the fabric from the front, there was a "right" side. And I sewed the sleeves in inside out - and finished the edges before I realized it. Had to cut the "overlock" stitches out because they were so small.
Eva Suzanne said... (10/18/12 7:36 AM) Reply
This looks really nice & well made too
Mazzygirl said... (10/18/12 3:08 AM) Reply
I've already made several of these, mostly this version but with the longer sleeves (& tunic length) & it is so flattering! I love your version with the check fabric. It looks great!
Marie367 said... (10/17/12 9:46 PM) Reply
Very cute! It looks great!
Laurie Lou said... (10/17/12 1:58 PM) Reply
I like it! And love your button choice. Yah, once in a while you can find some super deals on fabric at WM. I love this plaid, I bet it will be very cozy in the upcoming months.

Kwik Sew 609