Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8679 (Misses' Jacket, Top, Dress, Skirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:Marge99

About Marge99star
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 4/8/10
Posted on:10/17/12 9:57 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
Carolyn.S said... (10/21/12 11:06 AM) Reply
I love it in the funkier fabric!
knitlitcamper said... (10/20/12 5:28 PM) Reply
I think it looks fantastic :)
allycovey said... (10/18/12 3:57 PM) Reply
I think it is a really cool color. It looks like the leather fabric, one of the designers on project runway poored bleach on for the effect. it is a beautiful jacket
karen n said... (10/18/12 1:02 PM) Reply
I'd definitely wear it out and a lot! I had a tie die dress in these exact colors/pattern and I've held onto it for 20 years I love it so much.
lamstu said... (10/18/12 9:30 AM) Reply
This toile has an equestrian vibe to it, with the whole funky tie-dye thing - awesome and fun!! can't wait to see your 'real' one.
AnneMarie60 said... (10/18/12 9:24 AM) Reply
That "test" jacket is fabulous!
Marge99 said... (10/18/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Dagmar, I am 5'6 and I usually add that little bit to the waist as I am slightly long-waisted with short limbs compared to the "Vogue body." If you have a usual waist length adjustment for Vogue patterns, I would guess that it will be fine for this pattern too, but it is probably better to make a test garment to be sure.
sarahark said... (10/18/12 9:04 AM) Reply
Love your jacket! Love how the fabric looks in the picture. Very inspirational.
Dagmar O. said... (10/18/12 8:59 AM) Reply
Even though you say your fabric choice was just for the sake of a muslin, I feel that the mottled, distressed look really adds to the steampunk styling of the design and lends an added edge. If you get a similar look in a higher quality fabric, I think you would be really happy. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are and whether you normally consider yourself to be long waisted? I read that you lengthened the waist and am wondering if I would need to do the same as I stand at 5'8.5".
NJcowgirl said... (10/18/12 8:25 AM) Reply
I think the fabric is great. It truly is one-of-a-kind. That's why we sew, right? What a thorough review. I have this pattern but haven't made it up. Thanks to this review I may now attempt it. I love the back effect.
isecondsis said... (10/18/12 7:43 AM) Reply
Very cool looking jacket. The combination of funky fabric and ladylike style is fantastic.
carolynw said... (10/18/12 0:00 AM) Reply
Though I am not a great fan of godets in jackets I would have to give this a definite thumbs up - very well fitted even though you say it still needs some tweaking - has a sense of fun - I do like it
PattyE said... (10/17/12 11:18 PM) Reply
I love your jacket.
miausiau said... (10/17/12 10:13 PM) Reply
I like the way it looks now...all distressed and unusual. The neat tailoring turns it into a very chic garment.

Other Mango Tango