Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3284 (Ponchos)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:1/24/05 1:16 PM
Last Updated:1/24/05 1:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Kids(boys & girls)    Skirts    Outerwear
keric said... (2/4/05 12:08 PM) Reply
Wow, Leslie! Now projects like this make me REALLY want to learn how to sew. :) My daughter saw the picture and asked where we could buy that! Awesome job!
DBee said... (2/1/05 2:00 PM) Reply
I am teaching sewing to kids and one of them really wants to make an open-weave type poncho. Thank you so much for the info! The kids are not using my serger, so I think I will try out putting bias tape on the edges before trying to sew the seams.
Nancy Anne said... (1/25/05 1:42 PM) Reply
I think your fabric is awesome, but I didn't know you could purchase stuff liked that! I thought you knitted when I saw it. They are beautiful. I wonder what other fabrics you would make a poncho with?
Debbie Cook said... (1/25/05 7:55 AM) Reply
Wow, Leslie. For such a "simple" project, you took it all the way and beyond. Great job, and such groovy (yes, I said groovy) fabric. Your niece will be beaming in her trendy poncho and one to match for dolly.
JoleneF said... (1/25/05 7:31 AM) Reply
What lucky girls! I agree about the fabric though, not what I would choose but these kids have different ideas, wasn't it that way in our day too!
Katharine in BXL said... (1/25/05 7:05 AM) Reply
The fabric and style are perfect for a little girl and her doll. Way to go!
Lusya said... (1/25/05 4:16 AM) Reply
minieme said... (1/25/05 0:29 AM) Reply
Kudos for tackling this fabric, I salute you! They look real chic. I'm sure both niece and doll will wear these a lot.
tigger said... (1/25/05 0:00 AM) Reply
I absolutely adore the fabric! And the tassles do look great - worth the pain - well maybe :)
aneri_masi said... (1/24/05 9:43 PM) Reply
The fabric is CUTE, not dreadful! I must agree, you are the best auntie ever. Do post pics of Maddie and dollie wearing these if you can.
Jennifer shaw said... (1/24/05 8:05 PM) Reply
Awww! Very cute! Your little niece is really going to love this. Especially for her doll!
PVA said... (1/24/05 8:01 PM) Reply
I just did a sewing lesson with a friend's dd -- we did view B. I had suggested she get some fleece so we didn't have to deal with raw edges. While I was setting up her machine she was playing with one of the scraps so I suggested she might like to make a hair band. Boy, was she a happy camper when she left with her poncho & hair band! You are right on the money -- perfect pattern for a young girl to start learning to sew. (She's 11)
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (1/24/05 7:33 PM) Reply
Ah, Miz done started the troubles now.... I get regular 'orders' from the DGDs for outfits with matching clothes for the AG dolls. Your out fit is really cute, good work!
bheath said... (1/24/05 6:37 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! Maddie will be one lucky birthday girl! The poncho came out great.
JDpenelope said... (1/24/05 6:31 PM) Reply
Love the fabric, but glad *I* didn't have to sew it up. Your labor of love is a huge success. I like the neckline and the square shape a lot! I might have to copy this.
noreend said... (1/24/05 6:18 PM) Reply
Very nice! I thought you crocheted it! Watch out, making those doll clothes can be addictive. Your neice will love it.
PhyllisC said... (1/24/05 6:05 PM) Reply
Oh - I actually think the fabric is fab - it's just what girls that age really love. Lucky girl and lucky doll!
ClaireC said... (1/24/05 5:40 PM) Reply
You win the "awesome Auntie" award hands down. The ponchos are cute
candyo said... (1/24/05 5:01 PM) Reply
How cute! How sweet of you to make those!
redhead said... (1/24/05 2:09 PM) Reply
CUTE! Too bad about the sizing. Even for a simple project, you don't want to have to make lots of alterations.

by: Lori V