Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1905 (Bags and Cosmetic Case)

Reviewed by:catqueen

About catqueen
Member since: 9/18/12
Sewing skills:Beginner

Posted on:10/23/12 9:54 AM
Last Updated:10/23/12 10:00 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
JTink said... (10/23/12 1:44 PM) Reply
Your tote is so cute. I teach these classes at Joanns and am so glad you made mention of the time restraint and the amount of pieces used. They are having us teach View C. We are still wondering how corporate comes up with this stuff. It took me 8 hours to have my first class complete this(yes, most of us stayed over time). Since then, I have everyone trim the patterns and cut out all their pieces, the first day. Homework is to apply the interfacing. When they come back for the second session, it's all about putting the bag together. This pattern is full of mistakes. Did you notice the placement of the inside zipper pocket? Also, when it's time to put the lining together, the drawing makes it look as though you don't add the separate bottom piece. And I have told my students to totally disregard the instructions on cutting out the interfacing. How are folks suppose to learn, if the pattern companies can't get it right? All that said, it does make a cute tote and yours is very pretty.

More Knits