Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Stacie Jean Jacket (Stacie Jean Jacket)

Reviewed by:clotheshorse

About clotheshorsestar
BC Canada
Member since: 3/24/10
Posted on:10/23/12 11:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
LindaVee said... (10/1/13 1:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for posting.
minggiddylooloo said... (10/31/12 11:38 AM) Reply
I just cut this pattern out yesterday, can't wait to make mine! Your jacket is beautiful, thanks so much for reviewing it.
sewing addict said... (10/24/12 6:12 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. I was delighted to see your review as I just took delivery of this and 5 other patterns from Style Arc. Your creation has sprurred me on to make this.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/24/12 9:31 AM) Reply
Job well done. Your jacket is perfect. Love the fabric and style. Thank you for bringing my attention to this pattern.
Mazzygirl said... (10/24/12 6:15 AM) Reply
beautiful jacket! I too hesitated on this one as I didn't want another boxy jacket, but after seeing yours will be buying this pattern (as will many others too!) Really nicely made & I'm sure you'll get plenty of wear out of it!
Lynmarie said... (10/24/12 4:36 AM) Reply
This is the best jeans jacket I've seen in a very long time, beautifully sewn, congratulations!
Jaknan said... (10/24/12 0:56 AM) Reply
I really really love your jacket. I just made this up as well in a black stretch denim but haven't posted it yet. I will in the next couple of days. Fantastic jacket you've made and great pattern!
meggy said... (10/24/12 0:26 AM) Reply
LOVE IT! I have had my eye on this pattern and was also not sure about wearing a jean jacket. You have changed my mind with this gorgeous jacket. "WANT" You have done a wonderful job.
SewWil said... (10/24/12 0:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
clotheshorse said... (10/23/12 9:35 PM) Reply
CynthiaSue, thanks! I used a Gutermann 30wt. silk thread on top to match the colour and sheen of the fabric. I was a bit out of my comfort zone using a different foot than I'm used to, on my fab new machine. It's the Pfaff bi-level foot and I'm used to one with a guide, but I really liked the foot once I got used to it!
JillyBe said... (10/23/12 7:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! I too thought I could pass on this pattern....now I'm wondering....
CynthiaSue said... (10/23/12 4:52 PM) Reply
It's beautiful. Could you comment on the topstitching? It makes the jacket! I think you just sold a lot I these patterns for style arc.
clotheshorse said... (10/23/12 4:44 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments on my first review, I really appreciate it! It is a very good pattern, I have more SA patterns that I'm looking forward to making. sewingsilly, I was thinking about adding some embroidery to the next one! redrockcity, I wasn't sure if the pattern ran a bit large in the shoulders, I have very narrow shoulders and a narrow back but it's something to take note of for sure. Twinset, I'm very camera shy but I'll maybe try to post a pic...try :)
Twinset said... (10/23/12 3:34 PM) Reply
Great! I wish I could see it on you! Now I'm sure many people will want to make this pattern after seeing your version. (including me)
SavageCoco said... (10/23/12 3:29 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, this is fantastic!! Your work is gorgeous! (Oh gee, thanks for setting the standard so high for the rest of us . . .) Well done!!
quathy said... (10/23/12 3:06 PM) Reply
NICE!!!!
Amanda.Claire said... (10/23/12 1:52 PM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous! I am so glad there is a curvy jean jacket pattern out there so I can add it to my squillion patterns too.
sewingsilly said... (10/23/12 1:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! Well done!! Would love to see this jacket made with the addition of some embroidery.
Jstarr4250 said... (10/23/12 1:08 PM) Reply
Just beautiful. You have made one spectacular looking jacket. I must try Style Arc soon.
MNBarb said... (10/23/12 1:03 PM) Reply
This is what I was looking for when I made the Jalie jean jacket. It was boxy as I should have seen from the drawing but your Style Arc is fantastic! I love the shape and the illusion of more shape with the insets having curved topstitching. Fabric choice, buttons, topstitching...all perfect!
michellep74 said... (10/23/12 12:57 PM) Reply
Great-looking jacket!
Karla Kizer said... (10/23/12 12:18 PM) Reply
Well, gee, thanks a bunch. I thought this was one SA pattern I could pass on. Your fantastic jacket has changed my mind.
Sibilance7 said... (10/23/12 12:12 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and what a beautiful job you've done sewing it! I'm definitely going to check out this pattern because I have the same problem with jean jackets being too boxy. Thanks for the helpful review!
jannw said... (10/23/12 12:06 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Love the fabric that used..Congrats on the first review!!
ArtAttack said... (10/23/12 12:00 PM) Reply
Super cute jeans jacket...I don't tend to like the boxiness of them, either, but this has a cute shape. Thanks for the great review!
LynnRowe said... (10/23/12 11:52 AM) Reply
Other than "OMG AWESOME!!! WANT!!!!" what can one say? Stunning. Gorgeous. Beautifully sewn! That's the nicest jean jacket pattern I've ever seen, love the shaping; and the sewing is superb! And congrats on your first review! :)
redrockcity said... (10/23/12 11:34 AM) Reply
That is gorgeous! Although my measurements are a StyleArc 6, I find they run a tad big, especially in the shoulders. I have this pattern already so I hope I can scale my version down as successfully as you did!

More Knits