Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6173 (Misses'/Miss Petite Pants and Leggings)

Reviewed by:chenille

About chenillestar
Member since: 7/4/11
Posted on:10/25/12 3:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Sew It Goes said... (4/24/13 10:41 PM) Reply
I'm going to finally sew this one up, thanks for the encouraging review! Also, I always appreciate when reviewers share what size they cut from the pattern, because it helps sooooo much when I'm trying to figure out what size to cut for myself. The measurement recommendations on the pattern envelope very rarely actually correlate to a proper fit (at least for me) so thanks so much for including that little nugget of information about the size and the fact that the fabric you used has quite a bit of stretch. Cheers!
Lynn67 said... (1/2/13 9:08 PM) Reply
Just what I was looking for - thanks for the review!
JUNIPERJUNE said... (11/21/12 11:37 AM) Reply
I liked your disclaimer, made me laugh. I will have to pick this pattern up when it goes on sale
brissie71 said... (10/28/12 11:47 AM) Reply
Love the conclusion to your review. It made me smile this morning! Congratulations on the fitting success!!!!
Jstarr4250 said... (10/25/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Love your post and your leggings. You can never have enough of these to wear with boots (and a long sweater of course!) Isn't it amazing the pictures of ourselves that we post to this site?! If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be putting a picture of my backside on the internet I'd have told them they were crazy.
chenille said... (10/25/12 11:49 AM) Reply
Thanks! The pattern recommendation came from one of Angela Wolfe's fashion posts and I'm a sucker for those $0.99 sales.
ggf2005 said... (10/25/12 11:16 AM) Reply
nice fit, thanks for the disclaimer. IMHO leggings should Always be worn with a top long enough to cover one's backside, no matter how large, small, or cute or the age of the wearer.
Judy Kski said... (10/25/12 10:55 AM) Reply
Great looking model and leggings! What a perfect fit.
ArtAttack said... (10/25/12 10:48 AM) Reply
If I had your legs and butt I'd wander around outside in them! Great review and I'm getting this pattern if I don't already have it!
Elke said... (10/25/12 7:24 AM) Reply
Great fit on the leggings! Thanks for the review.
mollyshark said... (10/25/12 6:39 AM) Reply
LOL. Your disclaimer on not wearing them "tucked in" got me going this morning. Looks like a great TNT. Will have to pick this one up. Pick up some cheap stretchy stuff and get the fit right. I LOVE leggings. My go-to wear despite all the chinos in my closet. 9 times out of 10 I'll get leggings. And it is "time to buy new boots" season. Thanks for the review.
Berkie said... (10/25/12 5:56 AM) Reply
You look fabulous! Nice job.

by: PeeWee419