Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8570 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:cirena

Last Updated:11/4/12 3:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
cirena said... (11/15/12 2:04 AM) Reply
Karendee said... (11/7/12 9:45 PM) Reply
I am truly in awe of you wonderful, precise work. This is a beautiful dress.
AuntieShel said... (11/5/12 2:09 PM) Reply
Sewn by hand? And you're a beginner? This dress is very beautiful and flawless, I might add!! Awe-inspiring!!
ggf2005 said... (11/5/12 10:39 AM) Reply
beautiful dress...hand sewn reminds me of how my mom would make my dresses.
cirena said... (11/5/12 2:47 AM) Reply
To "CissieW": Thank you for the complement. I'm just a perfectionist, and have a little of patience :) To "sewbarbie": Thank you, I agree about the technology, maybe I'll buy some day a sewing machine. I'm afraid that it will not give me that precision like I have with the hand sewing, I just never tried one :( To "cindyann": Thanks! Hope I'll see yours too :) To "carolynw": Thank you appreciate your comment. To "Claverie": Thanks :) The button was purchased from an Etsy shop named "Lyanwood". The button description: Mandala Metal Buttons - Classy Lovely Set 10 PIERCED Unique Kaleidoscopes Style Light Copper Buttons. 1 inch To "lamstu": Thank you :)
lamstu said... (11/5/12 2:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I'm so impressed by your handwork.
Claverie said... (11/4/12 3:50 PM) Reply
Love the button. Love the buttonhole! Am in AWE that you did this by hand! Amazing. Nice work.
carolynw said... (11/4/12 2:32 PM) Reply
Stunning dress and like others am simply in awe of this all being done by hand - your bound buttonhole is 100% perfect. Absolutely beautiful work - am very impressed by your patience
cindyann said... (11/4/12 12:13 PM) Reply
Really nice! I have this pattern and I'm so glad to see it made up. It's lovely!
sewbarbie said... (11/4/12 11:49 AM) Reply
It's nice to see that even with all the new technology that you made a beautiful dress all by hand. I'm completely impressed and the dress is lovely.
CissieW said... (11/4/12 9:19 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! I have to say, that does not look like the work of a beginner! I agree with you about the joys of handsewing -- but it does take time!
cirena said... (10/31/12 4:42 AM) Reply
Wow!!! :) Thank you very much!!! A lot of good energy comes from your comment, and it makes me happy :) To "mrsbewley": I love linen too. Especially in a hot, with a high humidity clime, like in Israel. To "SavageCoco": Thank you, I appreciate these kind of comments. To "SewWil": Thank you very much :) To "imsewcrazy": I agree, it was very important for me to find that Ivory linen, and not white. I just can't see the white with this vintage pink color. To "jenleeC": Regarding the craftsmanship, the thanks should go to all the books and DVD's that Claire Shaeffer and Susan Kajal wrote on couture hand sewing, since I'm only a beginner. I'm glad you like the layout, forgot to put there the button. Next time :) Thank you! To "Sharonspils": The process of hand sewing itself, makes me more peaceful, its only you your thoughts and the needle, love that feeling. I tried not to desire to see it finished. These are the thoughts that rush you, and you make mistakes. I'm comparing the hand sewing to an oil painting, that is done fore months. This is an art, and its endless possibilities enchants me. To "iSewQuiltArt": Glad you liked it that much. Thank you very much :) To "sewpelican": Thank you very much! Appreciate that comment. It took me 3 months, but only in the holidays since I have a full time job.
sewpelican said... (10/31/12 2:35 AM) Reply
WOW! what a fantastic achievement. It's beautifully sewn and to think you did the whole thing by hand, The finish inside is lovely. How long did it take you to make the dress?, Just curious.
iSewQuiltArt said... (10/30/12 10:30 PM) Reply
The most gorgeous, beautifully finished dress. Its rare to see this sort of thing today, good on you for making it and reviewing it!
Sharonspils said... (10/30/12 10:27 PM) Reply
Amazing dress and all made by hand, you have done a beautiful job and I am in awe of your patience and skill.
jenleeC said... (10/30/12 9:35 PM) Reply
Oh my! Your dress is beautiful and I am in awe of your wonderful craftmanship! And I love your layout photo showing pattern, fabric and threads! I think I may have to steal this idea. It would make a wonderful sewing diary record.
imsewcrazy said... (10/30/12 3:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love it!! The fabric combination is great!
SewWil said... (10/30/12 11:59 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!!!
SavageCoco said... (10/30/12 11:52 AM) Reply
ABSOLUTLEY OUTSTANDING. Brilliant work. Just brilliant.
mrsbewley said... (10/30/12 11:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, and all handsewn? Wow! Love the linen too.

by: ButtonFait...

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

HotPatterns 1168