Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3140 (peplum jacket)

Viewed 1980 times

Posted on:1/25/05 5:03 PM
Last Updated:1/25/05 8:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

kathi s said... (10/28/05 0:42 AM) Reply
What beautiful use of your fabric! I love the interplay of color and pattern- really pretty jacket.
Katharine in BXL said... (6/6/05 1:03 AM) Reply
So pretty, and the vintage print is gorgeous on you. I love the curved pockets.
JDpenelope said... (1/26/05 5:54 PM) Reply
Another remarkable achievement and so much fun to read your fairie tale. Thanks for telling us about the clickable links--almost missed seeing the sumptuous inside details
KimB said... (1/26/05 11:13 AM) Reply
Very groovy jacket. I'd wear it with a camisole and jeans. I love the combination of the paisley and the binding fabric...it does have a very '60's feel!
PVA said... (1/26/05 10:12 AM) Reply
What a great review! Thanks so much -- I love all the details, photos & the way the review is organized! Most of all, the paisley! I could crawl over broken bottles for that paisley! Wonderful result!
Sew it seams said... (1/26/05 9:34 AM) Reply
I LOVE it! It's gorgeous Georgene! I would love to see what other treasures you have in your stash. The details in your reviews are great.
PhyllisC said... (1/26/05 9:20 AM) Reply
Georgene - now I feel pretty good about holding onto my older stash fabric! And I'm having a similar design dilemma with my Chanel jacket - not enough fabric for fringe...still grappling with how to trim it…..you’ve given me some good ideas :0)
MissyW said... (1/26/05 8:39 AM) Reply
This is one of the wittiest pattern reveiws ever written. That said, the jacket is mind boggling in detail and execution.
Rustybobn said... (1/26/05 8:09 AM) Reply
It's lovely, Georgene! Thanks for letting us see it.
Nancy Anne said... (1/26/05 7:43 AM) Reply
Your review allows one to step into the experience with you- fun to read! I love the way this turned out. I had your "Bindings" photo up, and my 8 year old walked by and said "I can't believe someone made this!" She was impressed. And as far as what to wear with it- I picture a high waisted long (mid-calf) strait skirt in some kind of olive colored suede-ish material
MaryBeth said... (1/26/05 7:23 AM) Reply
This blouse/jacket turned out great, Georgene. I especially love the cuffs and pocket treatments. I agree that the way to go on that peplum seam line was to bind it, a technique that worked well with the armscye seaming as well. Binding is a fav of mine too since it seals all deals :). Hmmmm, I'll have to check the stash but I think I might have a couple of yards of this or very similar material (source not quite known) laying in wait.... I'll take a look as you might be more comfortable in a matching long skirt, (ya think?) Finally reached stashsite: Nope, not a match...sorry! I know I've seen that fabric somewhere though. Maybe someone else will have some.
cindyann said... (1/26/05 7:20 AM) Reply
Love the fabric combo! Great review!
JoleneF said... (1/26/05 7:14 AM) Reply
Very, very nice. I have always considered you beyond intermediate. You always offer very good instruction and advice.
MickeyFan said... (1/26/05 6:32 AM) Reply
Georgene, I love reading your reviews! I so admire your creativity and adventurous approach to your projects. I love the combo of fabrics you chose, and the inside looks just as neat as the outside! Very nice work. P.S. I am so relieved to know that someone else (other than me) "shvitzes" over the buttonholes.
AnneM said... (1/26/05 4:35 AM) Reply
Great review, Georgene! And it's great. You can pair that with a black skirt, or a pair of jeans. Love the interior finishing.
Georgene said... (1/26/05 1:07 AM) Reply
Liana: the headings "Pattern", "Lining", and "Bindings" are live and clickable, you should be able to see detail shots.
Liana said... (1/26/05 0:52 AM) Reply
Just beautiful Georgene! I love the fabric, and marbled endpapers are the best. All your little touches are so pretty. Wish we could see the inside too.
Jennifer shaw said... (1/25/05 10:57 PM) Reply
Wow! Such an exciting and enticing review. Thanks for the great review. I just love the VWoolf on LSD reference!!
Georgene said... (1/25/05 10:36 PM) Reply
Ann, I still feel like I don't know how to sew...I have spent years telling other people how to put things together for my work, but very little time actually doing it myself. I would give myself an 'expert-couture level' rating for patterns, but not for sewing.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/25/05 10:29 PM) Reply
OMG. I love it! That is utterly chic! Ummmm - can I ask a question? Why are you still rating yourself intermediate? :) -Ann
joan said... (1/25/05 10:14 PM) Reply
Georgene, I love how this jacket evolved, from the time the fabric fairies whispered in your ear til the buttonholes were finished. How about wearing it with a nice soft ivory pencil skirt???
Sherril Miller said... (1/25/05 9:58 PM) Reply
I say wear it with pride. I really didn't think that peplum style would work on someone with my shape. But it look wonderful on so it would probably work for me too. Your ability to stick with a tough project is admirable.
KathleenS said... (1/25/05 9:35 PM) Reply
Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the endpapers in old books. Beautiful work on all the details in the jacket, and lovely coordination of the fabrics!

Vogue Patterns V1183