Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 104 (Shapely Shirt)

Viewed 1984 times

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
sewnsewtoo said... (8/24/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Thank you for a great review. I,too, am a 38DDD. Looks great on you.
AlaskaBerninaGirl said... (7/26/09 2:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, we have same size bust and was wondering if this shirt would accomodate me, yippee now I will have no problem driving 50 miles to Anchorage to buy this pattern tomorrow!
PhyllisC said... (1/27/05 12:13 PM) Reply
Newark Dressmaker Supply carries this pattern - with a pretty good line drawing of it - in their latest catalog. Very flattering!
madebymarie said... (1/26/05 7:59 PM) Reply
Jan, I met Kathleen at our local (Victoria, BC) sewing show, and volunteered to model in her runway show. I go over to the mainland quite often, and she asked if I'd be interested in doing some photo shoots. Why the heck not, I thought! It's been fun. In the catalog on her website, she's got photos of the clothing on 'real' people in addition to just what's on the pattern envelope.
madebymarie said... (1/26/05 7:51 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Ann, I would describe the empire seam as below the bust, but not snugly 'underneath', if that makes any sense. I will be making one in a stretchy satin, lighter in colour, and I'll post that, too. It will show the detail a bit better. I wore the shirt to work today, and it is EXTREMELY comfortable! No gapposis, and lots of range of motion in the arms.
Modiste Madness said... (1/26/05 3:00 PM) Reply
Flattering and attractive. Can't beat that.
Plantwizard said... (1/26/05 2:03 PM) Reply
How did you get to be the pattern model? Just curious. Shirt looks really cute but I think I've lost enough weight to be out of the pattern size range.
SouthernStitch said... (1/26/05 12:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I've been curious about these. I really want this pattern now.
Annika said... (1/26/05 10:35 AM) Reply
It is a darling shirt and looks great on you! I have something similar I'm about to make - Kwik Sew 3199 -
Jennifer shaw said... (1/26/05 8:39 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great review! Great picture of you wearing your gorgeous new top!!
Ann B. said... (1/26/05 7:47 AM) Reply
Marie, this is a great shirt. Is the empire seam truly below the bust, on the torso, or is the seam farther up? It is very flattering on you, but I really want to know if it is comfortable to wear. I think button up blouses on well endowed woment are one of the more difficult garments to be both comfortable and attractive. You've done both.
JoleneF said... (1/26/05 7:22 AM) Reply
I really like this, yours turned out really good. I am usually one that doesn't wear anything real fitted and this looks nice.
AnneM said... (1/26/05 4:46 AM) Reply
Isn' it great to hve a pattern that doesn't need a lot of alterations? !! Of course, you have an advantage on this one (in looking "like" the model on the pattern envelope). I like the peblum style.
KathleenS said... (1/26/05 0:57 AM) Reply
I'm not in the target audience for this pattern but it does sound really good - well, anything that fits straight out of the envelope has got to be good! Your shirt does look nice and RTW.

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern