Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6073 (Misses' cape in two lengths with collar, hood and closure va)

Reviewed by:punkmik

About punkmik
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 9/30/12
Posted on:11/3/12 4:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

AnneM said... (10/7/13 4:01 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I just noticed this pattern at the store, so of course I have to check here to see how it worked for other people. Sounds like it has possibilities for me. (It is the hood version that caught my attention also. So hard to find hooded outerwear, for some reason.)
punkmik said... (11/3/12 1:46 PM) Reply
thanks for your lovely comment! I have been getting lots of encouragement to see this as a muslin to guide myself and others and then to make a proper one soon! :D I just need to find the right outer fabric now. I think generally in coats a slippery lining is good to get ur arms in and out but with a cape it may be ok to use quilting cotton with fun prints! :D
mssewcrazy said... (11/3/12 7:56 AM) Reply
This was helpful to me as I have been looking at that pattern. I got a rtw cape last year thinking I'd probably never wear it and when I did I got loads of compliments and several that nailed me to the wall demanding to know where I bought it. My rtw is really soft unlined acrylic knit sort of like scarves. Thanks for telling of the problems you faced as I think it will really help any of us that are wanting to make a cape as a winter wrap. I want to make one but am really clueless about the fabric/lining choice after reading your thoughts on making this. It would be wonderful as you say to get this fitted up as a basic winter wrap to add designer touches.

Burda 5315 OOP