Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 0003 (Sorbetto)

Reviewed by:cirena

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:11/7/12 1:35 PM
Last Updated:11/7/12 1:38 PM

cirena said... (11/15/12 2:34 AM) Reply
To "Elona" Thank you :) To "meggipeg" Thank you :) To "persevering": Shalom :) This is the information that I always try to find on patterns review. But most of the time they have only the size that was cut. It is easier to judge the pattern when you know the sizes of the garment and the wearer. To "goal100": yes I tried to match them, and yes its easier with the hand sewing to match those :) If you want to get the best results in matching the stripes with a machine sewing, use quilting forked pins. Susan Khalje talks about them in the "The Couture Dress" video lesson. To "Patti B" Thank you, very much. I hope so too... To "JEF" I love the fit too, the pattern is great!!!
JEF said... (11/8/12 8:35 PM) Reply
Lovely. Your fit is perfect.
Patti B said... (11/8/12 10:22 AM) Reply
What a lovely job you did! This is a workhorse pattern and I see more pretty versions in your future.
goal100 said... (11/8/12 5:02 AM) Reply
I went to your photos and was/am impressed with your stripe-matching skills. And then I read that you had hand sewn this! I'm thinking that helped the stripes. It's beautiful! And a piece of art! Thank you for sharing it!
persevering said... (11/8/12 0:30 AM) Reply
Shalom Cirena, Toda! I appreciate that you've given your sizing information. It is quite encouraging for me since I'm close to you. This is a very nice top and the dress you made is lovely too. You are very kind to share your knowledge with explanations, and other photos posted on your tip too.
meggipeg said... (11/7/12 5:17 PM) Reply
You have done an incredible job hand-sewing this top. I just looked at the pictures and said 'wow' at them all!
Elona said... (11/7/12 2:59 PM) Reply