Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6106 (misses' skirts)

Reviewed by:Bootzey

About Bootzeystar
Member since: 7/27/09
Posted on:11/5/12 12:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

sewingcanary said... (9/5/13 11:37 PM) Reply
Hi there, Sorry I still haven't been able to get these reviews to separate paragraphs. Hmmmm... I just bought this pattern today. I read your review and was going to look at the print the way you described how you would have preferred it to be. I clicked on the photo - which was blurry, as is common, but instead of enlarging, it shrunk! It was postage stamp size! I saw a little flag about reporting problems so I took the time to explain it to the staff. Perhaps the powers that be can fix it. I have a similar pattern that I traced from a friend 40 years ago. I had to enlarge it to fit me. I loved it and made it several times. I've wanted to make it again and knew I'd have to adjust and retrace it again so I bought a new one. The original was one of Mary Quant's collection of pop clothing of the early 70s. The only difference is the band dips to be a wider yoke in front and there's a tad more flare to the Quant one. All in all, a great looking go-to A-line skirt - with pockets! I'm looking forward to next summer already! Cheers.
BillieJean said... (11/6/12 7:18 AM) Reply
Looks really cute, but I wish your picture would enlarge so we could really see it!