Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7226 (top, jacket and pants)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:11/7/12 8:31 PM
Last Updated:11/7/12 8:39 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants
FreyaStark said... (12/16/12 6:44 PM) Reply
A fabulous jacket and a fine effort. It looks great on you. It's even more impressive given that the look you've created is quite different from the look on the envelope so you've seen possiblities in it and done your own thing. I am also curious about those trousers and would love to see a review of them. Let's hope someone obliges soon!
Annette1 said... (11/11/12 3:45 PM) Reply
Well, FIRST OF ALL, I might have had to SOUGHT YOU OUT and strangled you if you had gotten rid of this fabric -- ha! The PICTURES of you in this jacket are just BEAUTIFUL. These are definitely YOUR colors. And would you believe the VERY FIRST THING I thought of when I clicked on the project photo was "PENDLETON"? This has got to be one of my favorite jackets I've seen this season. I hope you just wear it and wear it and wear it. :o)
BettyMike said... (11/9/12 3:13 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket! Love the fabric, glad you didn't give it away!
Michele Lommasson said... (11/9/12 8:59 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! I had not paid any attention to this pattern before, but will be picking it up today. Yes it looks very like the old Pendleton jackets, but with more shaping. My mom also had one, and so did I (a 1970's version, same cut, but with a neon stripe of chartreuse in peacock and navy. I wore it horseback riding. I loved it and wore it til it fell apart. I am definitely up for another one. This time maybe a slightly more subtle color combination.). Thanks for this review. Now to dig out that Pendleton wool hand-me-down fabric in my stash. . .
SewWil said... (11/8/12 8:12 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket! Good for you for hanging on to the fabric. You found the perfect piece to make with it.
Barbara V said... (11/8/12 3:21 PM) Reply
What??? You were going to give the fabric away??? It so suits you! The color and plaid look super on you.
marec said... (11/8/12 10:38 AM) Reply
Oh my, this is way cool. I too have memories of a Pendleton jacket from Mom. Your version is so current and pretty on you. I like the open collar and with the collar up, you will be cozy. Nice work and very helpful! View A calls to me for summer.
carolynw said... (11/8/12 10:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - the plaid you used is lovely and all the decisions you made are right on. I bet you will get a lot of wear out of this
KensingtonCrab said... (11/8/12 9:49 AM) Reply
Really sharp looking jacket! Love your style!
Jstarr4250 said... (11/8/12 6:53 AM) Reply
What a surprise-another Burda with poor instructions! You've obviously overcome that and come up with another winner. What a jacket wardrobe you must have!
Sewiing Sue said... (11/8/12 6:44 AM) Reply
Stripes were well placed and matched. Looks like an especially good jacket for MN .
Margaret said... (11/8/12 5:37 AM) Reply
Great classic-looking jacket! Very nice plaid!
Clareew said... (11/8/12 4:08 AM) Reply
Brilliant review for a great jacket.
ArtAttack said... (11/8/12 0:47 AM) Reply
I love this on looks super cute including the color. I swear, my mom had a jacket like that, too. Doesn't it make you feel warm and fuzzy thinking back on it?
PattyE said... (11/7/12 11:43 PM) Reply
I got this pattern for the pants. The jacket is great!
velosewer said... (11/7/12 11:16 PM) Reply
Now that you've made the jacket, you should be brave enough to tackle the trousers. Nice plaid choice and placement too.
Vintage Joan said... (11/7/12 11:11 PM) Reply
Nice! I think you'd look great in those wide pants, too. Why do they scare you?
CorgieMom said... (11/7/12 10:20 PM) Reply
Can I have it when your ready to pitch it? Lovely!! The colors look great on you. Great match of fabric and pattern.
BlossomKyle said... (11/7/12 9:50 PM) Reply
That jacket looks *so* RTW!!! Great job!!
chenille said... (11/7/12 9:49 PM) Reply
Great job on the jacket and these are really your colors. another fab project!
Amanda.Claire said... (11/7/12 9:26 PM) Reply
I adore this jacket on you! The fabric is lovely, lovely. Your sister did good when she gave that fabric to you. I have 3 non-sewing brothers. :( (ha)
Sue Parrott said... (11/7/12 9:24 PM) Reply
This is darling Barb! I love it on you!
cleverkitty said... (11/7/12 9:02 PM) Reply
Wow it looks great and yes it does remind me of a Pendleton wool plaid, which I love those classic fabrics. Perfect placement of plaid on the pockets and the back. The fit looks custom and the lining is oh ah so nice....all the right details, you'll be reaching for this jacket it looks like it will bring some zip to an outfit :)

by: kathyw