Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5260 (Fast )

Reviewed by:marec

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
RLL said... (11/9/12 10:51 AM) Reply
Well, at the risk of repeating everyone else.....that is certainly your color. Very attractive shape as well.
cairncrew said... (11/9/12 8:53 AM) Reply
Wow, does that color come alive on you! It looks great BTW regardless of the issues you had with the pattern. I'm eyeing my stash of the same fabric and a K.Tilton top. If it comes out half as good as your top looks, I'll be pleased.
marec said... (11/8/12 10:32 AM) Reply
Thank you for the positives. wendyrb, I appreciate the suggestion about the gathers and I lean toward more. Martha, I used woven bias tape as I am stash busting.
sewin said... (11/8/12 10:00 AM) Reply
Love this on you. Very chic AND comfortable looking. The color is also wonderful on you.
marthamyers said... (11/8/12 9:24 AM) Reply
It looks so cute on you, especially with the skinny pants. And the color is just plain pretty. Thanks for the tips. Did you use a bias woven or knit tape?
Amanda.Claire said... (11/8/12 7:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty! Thanks for all of the important info about this pattern.
Margaret said... (11/8/12 5:39 AM) Reply
Cute tunic! Love the color on you!
Anne Cherry said... (11/8/12 1:44 AM) Reply
Great colour on you! Tres sleek and chic!
ArtAttack said... (11/8/12 0:43 AM) Reply
Oh, I think it's adorable on you. The color is beautiful on you and it looks comfy chic...hope it grows on you...I like it!
wendyrb said... (11/8/12 0:38 AM) Reply
Marec, I always look forward to seeing what you've made and reading your review. Thanks for your honest take on this one. Pros- as others have said color and terrific shape. You got the length just right for a flattering proportion. The V-neckline is beautifully shaped. Con- just 1 to my eye. There's something about those gathers- you were smart to add the loop on top. I suggest either more- so they form shaping around the bust, or less. I prefer that- keep the silhouette simple and beautiful.
carolynw said... (11/8/12 0:06 AM) Reply
It looks so nice on you so hope you will come round to liking it more than you do - lovely color which looks super on you. Very helpful review - thanks
PattyE said... (11/7/12 11:40 PM) Reply
That blue is nice on you.
chenille said... (11/7/12 9:53 PM) Reply
I really like the shape of this and that color looks great on you.

Shapes Six Sense Skirt Pattern