Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1143 (CAREER/SUITS)

Reviewed by:sunnysewer

About sunnysewerstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/09
Posted on:11/8/12 11:41 AM
Last Updated:11/8/12 11:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
arianamaniacs said... (1/19/14 5:17 PM) Reply
This is awesome! Love your Version, so glad you reviewed it!
SusanKay7 said... (1/25/13 9:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Great review. I think I finally have the guts to try this pattern which I have had for awhile now. I am thinking of a red ponte knit. Thanks so much.
salsera7 said... (11/27/12 8:50 PM) Reply
That's a very smart looking jacket. I have this pattern in my stash and was thinking of making in black but now that I see your version I might have to be a copycat.
lesliez said... (11/11/12 11:06 PM) Reply
Wow! Really gorgeous.
Sue Parrott said... (11/9/12 11:40 PM) Reply
wow, this jacket is just beautiful! I have this pattern but just haven't gotten the nerve to stitch it up yet. Thanks for the helpful review!
Laurie Lou said... (11/9/12 1:48 PM) Reply
Ditto what every one praised about . Very handsome jacket. And all the detailed information you poured into your blog review too. When you first looked at this pattern did you have any idea it would be so complicated and while you were making it were you thinking "couldn't they have done this more simply and acheived the same look"? I've pondered this a couple times with Vogue but have managed to pull off a satifactory garment I am proud of but wonder...could there have been an easier way. I love your fabric choice too. Thanks for your wonderful review.
daintydeb said... (11/9/12 8:52 AM) Reply
You have done a good job with this complex pattern. Last week I purchased an old 1976 Vogue Patterns magazine. It made me homesick for the '70s Vogue patterns, with their clean lines and lovely woolens and ultrasuede. This pattern is what we get now. Vogue, bring back those designs--Diane von Furstenburg, Stan Herman, Geoffrey Beene.
GoodbyeValntino said... (11/9/12 7:37 AM) Reply
Is that you in gray? :) The jacket and fabulous and I commented on your blog as well.
slmstyle said... (11/9/12 0:56 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I have had this pattern in my stash for a while and have hoped for more reviews on it. I am so happy that you, a sewing expert, made it up and made it great. Thank you!
ArtAttack said... (11/8/12 8:41 PM) Reply
What a chic jacket...very cool. Hope you can get past the fiddliness...I know how that can bug you. But this is just a knock-out outfit!
jlg said... (11/8/12 8:02 PM) Reply
Exceptional in a great way. I mean.
jlg said... (11/8/12 8:02 PM) Reply
What an exceptional jacket.
lmg said... (11/8/12 7:16 PM) Reply
Lovely and stylish. Thank you for the review. I have had this pattern on top of my to-do list for quite some time...
PattyE said... (11/8/12 5:37 PM) Reply
Love this suit!
Re Becca said... (11/8/12 5:15 PM) Reply
That looks stunning. If I had seen your jacket when this was available I probably would have bought it, the photo on the pattern looks very boring but yours is very interesting. Thanks for the details on those gussets.
MNBarb said... (11/8/12 3:07 PM) Reply
Really pretty jacket. I also like it with the wide leg pants which are hard to wear when we aren't used to the style. Love the wide belt and double fabric at the hemline. I'm a pixie-cut fan and am also toying with growing my hair. Thanks for reminding me what a pain that is.
Karen Carr said... (11/8/12 2:47 PM) Reply
Very stylish jacket and an absolutely unique look! I really like it.
mnitts said... (11/8/12 1:28 PM) Reply
Wow lovely job.
tsedai said... (11/8/12 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice! All of the details make it very unique.
Amanda.Claire said... (11/8/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I really like its silhouette with the pants. Sorry it must be belted, but gorgeous none-the-less.

No Pattern Used RSR