Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5105 (Zipper Jacket)

Reviewed by:Londa Rohlfing

About Londa Rohlfingstar
Member since: 11/30/03
Posted on:1/27/05 10:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Pecan said... (8/5/06 11:21 AM) Reply
Just a lovely jacket. love the fabric!!
Londa Rohlfing said... (3/24/05 6:44 AM) Reply
Sharon - since you asked, I assume it is not a violation to answer... This black satin zipper with gold plated teeth is a Riri Zipper - a Swiss line that is now available to sewers here in the U.S. Very exciting. I handle them at my website. Check my Profile for further information.
Sharon Smith said... (3/23/05 4:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the skinny sleeve. And a purple lining! You're a wild one! You are creative, I'd never thought of it, but it's very complimentary. As you say, the style is ordinary and I wouldn't think to spend the money for this pattern either. But you do say she has an interesting method of putting in the zipper. So will I buy it and chalk the price up to lessons? Sounds reasonable. Please tell, where do you find satin zippers? In general I have a hard enough time just finding ordinary separating ones that are long enough and standard color. Satin is very exotic! Just the thing to go with your black ruffles. Lovely.
shard said... (2/4/05 5:43 PM) Reply
i love your controlled embellishment. you 'hit it up' just right - not too much, not too little, moves the eye to just the right places and in the right order. (bet i'm telling you stuff you already know.) anyway. i can only aspire to this level of taste, resourcefulness and technical skill. your solution to the 'skinny sleeves' issue is stunning.
Danvillegirl said... (1/28/05 6:01 PM) Reply
Lovely and very creative! Thanks for review.
MaryBeth said... (1/28/05 2:49 PM) Reply
Londa: I saw this on your website and I'm glad you've brought the review here so I can tell you that I love love love your sleeves solution. Very pretty!
JoleneF said... (1/28/05 12:42 PM) Reply
Very Elegant!
Nancy Anne said... (1/28/05 7:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. It looks nothing like the envelope. Better, if you ask me!
SuzanM said... (1/28/05 7:30 AM) Reply
Love everything about your jacket - the fabric, the zipper and your design changes!
AnneM said... (1/28/05 7:06 AM) Reply
Great review, Londa. Fun adjustments you made.
Georgene said... (1/28/05 0:43 AM) Reply
I have noticed the narrow sleeves in LH patterns that I have helped to fit. Your version has a lot more oomph than the original. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt this one of her earlier designs? She was still into the major shoulder pads when this was drafted. You are much better off taking her Bistro jacket and changing to the zip front neckline.
PVA said... (1/27/05 10:35 PM) Reply
Well, if the man is old enough, his tie might have real lambswool "innards"! Thanks for the review, Londa. I do like your version of this pattern. Lovely fabric.
Liana said... (1/27/05 10:05 PM) Reply
Very nice Londa! Love your sleeves, but does it have to be an "old man's tie" or will any age man do? ; )

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern