Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8659 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Tunic, Dress and Pants)

Reviewed by:rivergum

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants

Other Projects by rivergum using this Pattern

photophoto
ClioBklyn said... (11/10/12 9:21 AM) Reply
I love this look on you! What a great dress!
rivergum said... (11/10/12 3:32 AM) Reply
Martha, 15 mins in the veggie steamer seems to do it. I have done a lot of silk and some cotton, but no linen. It would be interesting to try.
marthamyers said... (11/9/12 10:40 PM) Reply
Ah, rivergum, more lagelovelyness. Thanks for sharing. BTW I didn't know there was a way to permanently crush natural fibers. Thought that was only possible with synthetic. Do you use ordinary steam?
rivergum said... (11/9/12 2:06 PM) Reply
Mollyshark, I refashioned the harem pants from a pair of wrap around beach pants with open sides. I have owned them for years bit have never worn them. Now they are supremely comfortable and I love the look. I will be making more harem pants and am looking around for patterns also.
said... (11/9/12 12:47 PM) Reply
Nice commentary and chic garment. Having many tickets from the fashion police is the cost of experimentation and I bet the jumpsuit idea would attract some derision. I never set out to rankle them but I do from time to time!
Restart06 said... (11/9/12 10:58 AM) Reply
great Lagenlook!!
prttynpnk said... (11/9/12 9:17 AM) Reply
I love this!
mollyshark said... (11/9/12 6:43 AM) Reply
I did this one in a 12 and didn't do my usual FBA and have to admit it is just a smidge tight. Would do a tiny FBA next time to compensate. It is a fun dress. Didn't think of it with harem pants? Did you make those? If so, which pattern! Funny how something this big can end up being so flattering. Yours is great and I do like the cuffs.

Pattern Work