Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1003 (Soho Pant)

Viewed 1995 times
Reviewed by:Liane M

About Liane Mstar
Member since: 1/5/04
Posted on:11/21/05 7:12 AM
Last Updated:1/29/05 7:05 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

MaryBeth said... (4/27/05 5:04 PM) Reply
I'm finally armed with enough slinky to attempt to duplicate some of the beautiful garments you've shared with the ASG Nashville group a few weeks ago. Thanks for your reviews and for sharing your great tips in your reviews.
AnneM said... (1/30/05 8:42 AM) Reply
Wow, without the zipper? I suppose with a knit that makes sense. My favorite RTW pants are this style.
Karla Kizer said... (1/29/05 5:18 PM) Reply
"But if you use a stretch fabric, you can make these as pull-ons? How much stretch does those the fabric need. Do you leave the darts in? " I figure out whether I can eliminate the zipper by measuring out a width of the fabric equal to my waist, and tugging on it to see it I can stretch it out to something close to my hip measurement. For instance, take 27" of fabric (in my DREAMS) and see if you can stretch it far enough to go over 36" hips (which I did have once. Then I got out of elementary school and things changed...) The darts can be made narrower to allow more room for a billowy waistline; on a couple pairs of these pants, I barely edgestitched what was supposed to be a dart. These pants go together SO fast when you don't put a zipper in!
Liane M said... (1/29/05 3:15 PM) Reply
Michelle These pants have two darts on each side in the front and one on each side in the back, this really helps the shaping at the waist. The moleskin I used has very little stretch and I did not use a zipper. The elastic is quarter marked, and then surged the the top edge of the pants, turned and tacked down at the seams. This doesn't really look like an elastic waist. I don't wear tops tucked in so this really doesn't matter much to me. These fit thru the waist but have more room in the butt and thighs where I carry most of my weight. This pattern was worth the $$
Michelle T said... (1/29/05 3:06 PM) Reply
Please correct me if I am wrong. But if you use a stretch fabric, you can make these as pull-ons? How much stretch does those the fabric need. Do you leave the darts in? What sort of waistband/casing technique do you use? I am also plus sized, but fund I really do not need bulk at my waist, but like the confort of pull-on pants.
Karla Kizer said... (1/29/05 7:25 AM) Reply
This pattern is the one I use to compare other patterns to because I love the fit. I leave the zipper out when I can get away with it, too (think s-t-r-e-t-c-h-y fabric). Next time, I'm going to modify the design a little by changing the leg taper to straight or boot-cut; the top of the pant is perfect just the way it is. I'm glad you're having success with it, too.
marjenann said... (1/29/05 7:14 AM) Reply
I also made these pants in the Ottoman knit from EOS and love them. I have the capri jacket cut out and ready to go!!!! Its true you really don't even need the zipper when using the knit fabric!!!

Kwik Sew 3843