Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 622 (Base Wear One)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:1/29/05 11:03 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Activewear
Diane E said... (3/19/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Oh Mompea, I am green with envy! I wish I could work with Christine! Have fun and please tell all!
mompea said... (3/18/06 7:44 PM) Reply
Great looking suit. I'm looking forward to meeting Christine Jonson and taking classes from her. You've made me even more committed to her classes.
Georgene said... (1/30/05 0:31 AM) Reply
Diane, you misssed the BABES meeting this year. Now I know why, you are getting yourself into even better babe shape.
Diane E said... (1/29/05 11:13 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your encouragement! I love writing reviews because it helps me feel that I'm not alone in my obsession with pattern and fabric. I know I'm in good company! Tomorrow I hope to sew some more! Lisa, maybe you and I could make a pact encouraging each other to do less practical sewing!
CycleGal said... (1/29/05 7:01 PM) Reply
Hi Diane, very nice. Enjoy yoga, I have been doing it for a couple of years and really like it. I think the yoga pants have a flare, and they are more flattering on some people (like me with big calves). I use some of my trial run t shirts for yoga tops!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (1/29/05 6:07 PM) Reply
Diane, the outfit looks great. Thanks for the info - I've not made the 'unitard' as you have (have only made the two piece) and appreciate your advice on sizing as related to fabric stretch.
Renee' S said... (1/29/05 5:51 PM) Reply
Diane that yoga outfit looks teriffic. Karla you have me laughing out loud. My friend and I have figured out that if the hair on our legs grew up instead of down, we could shave every other week or so and then the stubble would help hold up the knee highs or socks :)
Lisa Laree said... (1/29/05 4:44 PM) Reply
What a hoot! I was just thinking today that I'm wayyy too concerned with 'will I wear it/is it practical' before I sew something and wondering if I should venture out a bit into 'this is trendy and I won't wear it more than six months, but won't it be fun'...and I would definitely rather sew than shop! Thanks so much for the review -- it's good to hear from you again! ;)
Karla Kizer said... (1/29/05 1:26 PM) Reply
Welcome home, Diane. Your onesie looks great, and would make Catwoman envious. (God knows *I* am; the only onsie I would pose in would be a sleeping bag...) Tell me: why do customary yoga pants have such wide hem widths on the legs? I hate it when I try to balance on my shoulders (can't remember what that pose is called) and my pants legs droop down around my knees; inevitably I haven't shaved for days.... Anyhow, I think the snugger fit around the ankle is much better for yoga. Enjoy your class, and thanks for the review.
PegL said... (1/29/05 11:57 AM) Reply
Great looking body suit! It helps that you also possess a great body! Very informative and entertaining review! I love your sense of humor and admire your sewing skills!

by: cybperry