Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6143 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:mnitts

About mnittsstarstarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 10/2/11
Posted on:11/18/12 1:39 PM
Last Updated:11/18/12 1:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
SarahRoseSews said... (2/19/13 11:32 AM) Reply
I made this pattern, used cotton fabric and purchased bias tape for a 'muslin' I had hoped to be wearable, and I also had an awful time with the neckline of this dress. My dress is unwearable due to the neckline; it is too wide on the shoulders and shows undergarment straps in addition to gaping. My experience also was that the bodice had too much ease. Thanks for your review, I now know it was not just me.
newmama said... (12/29/12 7:01 AM) Reply
You look beautiful! I love the silhouette of this dress, and though the fabric may not have been perfect to work with, it looks perfect in the results.
Aroura said... (12/4/12 3:47 PM) Reply
Really gorgeous! Very classy, and a really good look on you.
Margaret said... (12/4/12 7:10 AM) Reply
Great dress! Looks very nice with the jacket too!
wendyrb said... (11/26/12 2:16 PM) Reply
Well done- I'd love to have this dress. I think it will be fun to play around with it for daytime. I'd try a black or beige sweater with pushed up long sleeves and a v-neck so the lace peeks out like a cami. Have you tried it with dark hose and flats or boots? Enjoy your wonderful dress and Happy Birthday!
velosewer said... (11/19/12 6:02 PM) Reply
Stunning. Lace is all the rage in Australia too.
Dagmar O. said... (11/19/12 1:12 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress on you and looks to have met the goals of your inspiration photos. I agree with Quickie regarding the neck gaping and the type of binding you used although with your lovely long hair, the neck binding is barely visible!
Baja Susana said... (11/19/12 10:06 AM) Reply
This is a lovely dress, I have seen a few dresses this year with a lace laid over a solid lining. Yours is lovely. It looks nice on you as well. Nice use of the lace edging for your hems. You styled the casual look very well. I was wondering how you woul dress it down, nice job!
Quickie said... (11/19/12 9:06 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. I like it very much. Your problem witht the neckline might be the type of binding you've used.It's easier done with a stretchable binding, eg folding elastic In a few days my LBD. I have stretching lace on part of the back and I'll and I'll pay attention to it more specificly
norie creates said... (11/18/12 6:33 PM) Reply
Great job on the lace! You look very pretty and love the shoes too!
cowgirlbb said... (11/18/12 5:52 PM) Reply
This is a good style for you, you look terrific!
crazygrad said... (11/18/12 4:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
jlg said... (11/18/12 4:21 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous in this dress. Great job with it.
Morisot said... (11/18/12 3:56 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great. Very nice.

Ottobre Design Magazine 05-2006-25