Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7976 (Today's Fit Jacket)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:1/29/05 7:10 PM
Last Updated:2/27/05 9:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
louise said... (6/17/07 8:43 PM) Reply
I can't get the photo image to appear! I get an error with the choice of going to the home page of Pattern Review
sewsue said... (2/28/05 11:30 PM) Reply
Love your fabric choice and thanks for an informative review and for all the pictures. I bought this pattern today and appreciate your comments and suggestions.
PVA said... (2/28/05 7:12 PM) Reply
wow, another great jacket -- entirely different look! Thanks for the update & the new version. I have ordered this pattern from Vogue -- I got the Feb/Mar edition of the magazine & have sent for the 3-4-1 special. & thank you for your offer to help me get Vogue patterns for a reasonable price. Hancocks just opened a store in Medford so now I can get better prices without having to go to JoAnne's.
MickeyFan said... (2/28/05 8:37 AM) Reply
Another great jacket. Thanks for sharing the photo.
CarolynGM said... (2/28/05 5:32 AM) Reply
Two great jackets. Thanks for the tip on sleeve heads.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (2/27/05 11:30 PM) Reply
The faux fur version looks yummy. I really appreciated this review. This is in my pattern stash.
Jennifer shaw said... (2/27/05 9:44 PM) Reply
Thank you soo much for the review. SB was at Stone Mountain and Daughter in November, with this made up in a groovy wool fabric. It is really pretty/helpful to see it made up in two different fabrics. Do you feel that the double darts make it fit better?. Thanks again!
Debra H said... (2/25/05 10:21 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review and photos. I am doing this pattern this weekend and plan to use the non-zippered opening, but your advice is helpful.
zoezmommy said... (1/30/05 3:37 PM) Reply
I agree about the roses---they in a perfect place so it looks like you are wearing a Hawaian lei.
Danvillegirl said... (1/30/05 1:18 PM) Reply
I purchased this pattern before Christmas. I have been looking at it, but kept thinking I need to make it up for winter. Not! Like your fabric and gives the jacket a new look in my mind. Thanks for this helpful review.
Diane E said... (1/30/05 10:18 AM) Reply
This jacket is absolutely beautiful. If it were in my closet, I'd wear it until it fell off me. So many colors to pick up in one's tops, dresses, pants, and skirts. Thanks for a great review.
AnneM said... (1/30/05 8:57 AM) Reply
Great information on the review. Thanks.
MickeyFan said... (1/30/05 8:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, I have been eyeing this pattern. Your jacket turned out beautifully. The simple design is perfect for this fabric.
ClaireC said... (1/30/05 5:40 AM) Reply
I have this jacket pattern traced and will be working on it soon. You did a wonderful job. The roses are fine. I'm impressed that both sides are in the same place and look like a planned design detail. I love this fabric and did not get it. Now I wish I had....very pretty. Sandra B uses the funky sizing to all get people away from numbers. What size one wears does not matter....how it fits does. Many ladies are still hung up on size. Also, her sizing is completely different from the big 4 and this sets her apart from the rest of the Vogue catalog.
Marita Kinnula said... (1/30/05 3:43 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket and the fabric is so beautiful!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (1/29/05 9:58 PM) Reply
I thought the roses were in perfect position, in fact, it was the first thing I noticed - wow!
CatherineN said... (1/29/05 8:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the informative review. Love the fabric, never would have thought of making a jacket from it. For all your work you got a beautiful jacket.
Sherril Miller said... (1/29/05 8:31 PM) Reply
Sandra Betzina uses a different block and differentiates it by the letters. Her patterns are made for the more mature figure. Measuring will be important if you are used to the BIG4 sizing. Your jacket is great. I love the print, isn't EOS wonderful?
Karla Kizer said... (1/29/05 8:30 PM) Reply
I wish you felt as enthusiastic about this jacket as we do. It's very pretty, and I can imagine it turning many separates into a complete outfit. Thanks for the warning about the skimpy instructions; I'll be careful.
JoleneF said... (1/29/05 8:12 PM) Reply
It turned out real nice.
Georgene said... (1/29/05 7:55 PM) Reply
It sure is nice. I hope you will reconsider making it again. Now that you know how, it will go much better. I would love to see it in a solid color where you can really see the dart details and one of them fancy-schmancy zippers.
Evatgirl73 said... (1/29/05 7:55 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket, I really like the fabric. Gives the jacket an entirely different look and feel than the pattern envelope! I think the placement of the roses looks nice, BTW. Beautifully done!
LisaLS said... (1/29/05 7:36 PM) Reply
The jacket looks great! Thanks for the pics of the inside of it showing what you did with the interfacing.
Ann B. said... (1/29/05 7:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I really like your jacket. This pattern is on my "to do" list...even have fabric for it, but no zipper yet. Any hints on putting the zipper in? If this is the warm up, I can't wait to see the real thing. It is really very pretty.

Christine Jonson Double Collar Princess Jacket