Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6564 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:11/23/12 8:03 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
chebre said... (2/22/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Great review...thanks for mentioning the problems with the sleeves. Now I know to pass this one up.
Nancywin said... (11/25/12 6:56 PM) Reply
I actually think the print is pretty, but perhaps better suited for a skirt. A wise woman once told me that it is better to keep solids next to your face so that they don't compete for attention! Still, the pattern turned out great. I think it is just a bit louder than what you are used to.
Margaret said... (11/25/12 3:04 PM) Reply
Sounds like a useful test of the pattern, even if you can't use this version! I do like the colors, but I agree the print design calls a whole lot of attention to itself.
Sue Parrott said... (11/25/12 10:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Barb. I love the fabric, are you sure you can't cut this up and reuse it somehow?
GoodbyeValntino said... (11/25/12 7:07 AM) Reply
I've heard similar comments from my daughters - gotta love 'em :) Thanks so much for the review!
Annette1 said... (11/24/12 8:39 PM) Reply
What about that gorgeous plaid jacket you just made recently? THAT'S not a solid, and it's SPLENDID! I don't care how many colors you have or don't have in your wardrobe, how many prints or solids, you are ALWAYS well turned out, with beautifully fitting garments. THE BOSS HAS SPOKEN -- ha! :o)
PattyE said... (11/24/12 10:55 AM) Reply
Sorry this one did not work out for you.
redside said... (11/24/12 10:02 AM) Reply
Love the neckline on you--maybe a similar pattern in a different color?
1SewSweet said... (11/24/12 8:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern! Please don't give up on adding prints to your wardrobe...if you only knew how many times I have selected the wrong print for a pattern you'd laugh! However, when you find that perfect match, it works so well you'll want more! This was a beautiful, beautiful print, just not for this pattern. Thanks again for taking the time to review and donate...someone else may love it!
cleverkitty said... (11/24/12 8:30 AM) Reply
Elizabeth will tell it like it is LOL do I ever know whats it's like to complete something then directly place it in the goodwill bag like I had nothing better to do. Good for you to review it.
Pj3g said... (11/24/12 8:24 AM) Reply
I like it!
prttynpnk said... (11/24/12 7:24 AM) Reply
Oh, I have made far uglier things! You are still on amateur status for that! This is a great review- thanks!
Tarrbaby said... (11/24/12 6:17 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review, it makes me feel waaaay less guilty about giving things to goodwill without even wearing them once. I like the print, but it is "busy".
SewWil said... (11/24/12 2:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to review this even though you are not happy with the finished product.
velosewer said... (11/24/12 1:10 AM) Reply
At least you tried to use more colour. Kids can be way too honest but then 'what are you gonna do? Great review.
ArtAttack said... (11/24/12 0:25 AM) Reply
hahaha...great review. Sorry you don't like it...I think it's cute. But...if your daughter doesn't give you a thumbs up it's a lost cause. Thanks for a good review of it.
The Technique of Underlining Garments