Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2012-144

Posted on:12/14/12 0:26 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Cheryl in Chicago said... (5/4/13 3:01 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you
SAMBoddy said... (3/19/13 7:39 PM) Reply
So glad to see you had a good experience with this dress! I just downloaded it and I'm going to start making one for myself -it looks so fabulous on you that it gives me hope that it'll look nice on me too.
lakaribane said... (12/27/12 10:27 AM) Reply
Me again! I was on the Russian site and saw other FOs of that pattern. Here is the link: http://www.burdastyle.ru/model/2012-burda-12-144
lyndle said... (12/16/12 5:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful! This is a really nice dress. I love how you describe the neckline - that's kind of the holy grail, isn't it, a neckline that looks great and stays put!
2 Airedales n Me said... (12/16/12 1:13 PM) Reply
This dress is so pretty on you. Great fit and styling. Love the neckline and hemline - definitely a one-of-a-kind. Oh yeah...you'll turn heads! ;)
annie11 said... (12/16/12 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow! That is one very sexy dress! It looks amazing on you. I like your idea of the tulip sleeves for summer too.
Gecko said... (12/15/12 2:08 PM) Reply
Great dress! Looks perfect on you!
barbcl said... (12/15/12 11:48 AM) Reply
Terrific job on a lovely dress.
Tarrbaby said... (12/15/12 8:55 AM) Reply
I have this magazine and have never tried Burda patterns by tracing them. This is soooo fabulous on you I have to give it a try.
ClareinStitches said... (12/15/12 8:43 AM) Reply
Wow! Totaly fabulous. Great result.
Koushite said... (12/15/12 8:22 AM) Reply
You look so good in this dress! You did a great job. I've never sewn Burda before but you've convinced me to try. This dress will be perfect for a wedding I have coming, and since we appear to be approximately the same size I have an idea how it might look. Thanks so much for the review. Having never downloaded a pattern or had to add seams lines this going to be a real learning experience.
Koushite said... (12/15/12 8:19 AM) Reply
sunnysewer said... (12/14/12 5:57 PM) Reply
That looks fantastic, great shape and nice fit. well done. definitely you should make it again in spring in a brighter colorway. love it.
Tall Mary said... (12/14/12 1:36 PM) Reply
That is one stunning dress on you. The color is great as it the fit. Terrific job.
ISewISew said... (12/14/12 12:46 PM) Reply
You look awesome!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RadarRadiance said... (12/14/12 10:58 AM) Reply
It turned out really cute, you got a great fit and it looks super nice!!! Great job!
prostheticsgirl said... (12/14/12 10:16 AM) Reply
Great dress on you! Very flattering shape. I agree with lakaribane, I think it warrants one in every color!
PattyE said... (12/14/12 10:01 AM) Reply
I think you look great...nicely done!
lakaribane said... (12/14/12 8:59 AM) Reply
I loved this dress from the previews, so glad to see you made it. It came out great, you look very sexy! You DEFINITELY need another one, LOL!
Lynnelle said... (12/14/12 5:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
michellep74 said... (12/14/12 0:29 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress and you look fabulous in it!
AllNewtoMe said... (11/28/12 7:33 AM) Reply
@Arted, it took me ten minutes just to find all of the pieces on the Burda pattern sheet. I showed my husband and he said, "I am color blind. I sure can't help." :D
Arted said... (11/27/12 12:41 PM) Reply
lol we all have these days

Merchant & Mills Top 64