Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5825 (Women's Dress)

Reviewed by:knitsewmuch

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
Klunky said... (5/19/14 2:00 PM) Reply
I love that red dress on you! The same style would be a knockout made in satin--any color you love--with sparkly jewelry and worn to a wedding or formal event.
Sew Good said... (11/10/13 10:21 AM) Reply
Yes, it IS a keeper! Glad you listened to your daughter
carolynw said... (9/22/13 5:15 PM) Reply
Glad you listened to your daughter - looks very nice on you and love the colour
Shellia said... (9/19/13 9:31 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic on you. Far better than the pattern pics.
harpsew said... (9/18/13 10:45 PM) Reply
Wow!! The color and fit are just perfect, and you look absolutely gorgeous! Removing the sleeves was genius! Well Done!
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/6/13 2:05 PM) Reply
That dress is REALLY working for you! I am glad that you love it now.
greengrapes88 said... (9/5/13 6:11 PM) Reply
This look so great on you. Nice job!
caper81 said... (9/5/13 1:32 PM) Reply
Making it sleeveless really transforms this dress. It looks fantastic on you!:) Helpful daughter!
PammyC said... (9/5/13 12:09 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. I like the sleeveless style, and love the curved flounce.
seeinspotz said... (9/5/13 11:05 AM) Reply
Your daughter was absolutely right. You are gorgeous in that dress. Very striking.
prttynpnk said... (9/5/13 10:18 AM) Reply
daughter saved the day- this is great sleeveless!
mnitts said... (9/5/13 4:07 AM) Reply
Such a pretty dress. Great job!
RadarRadiance said... (9/4/13 11:53 PM) Reply
Love this on you, you make the dress, just beautiful and showing off your toned arms looks fantastic!
brnsuga45 said... (8/31/13 7:53 AM) Reply

brnsuga45 said... (8/31/13 7:53 AM) Reply
I am glad your daughter gave her input. You now have a fab dress that looks GREAT on you. Kids, you gotta love 'em. LOL
Cher Hermanson said... (8/25/13 10:43 AM) Reply
Elegant and classic style and "knock'm dead colour". Wear this and turn heads, you look fabulous.
4u2cme said... (8/25/13 1:06 AM) Reply
The dress is fabulous on you!! Your daughter was so right. I think the shape of the ruffle works well.
KathySews said... (8/22/13 8:31 PM) Reply
Wise daughter. The dress looks great and I was confused when you wrote that you thought it did not work for your figure. It looks great
atymonw said... (8/22/13 3:14 PM) Reply
Really pretty on you! I'm so glad you didn't throw it away:) I did just get rid of a dress because the sleeves were not flattering. Next time I will try removing them first.
atymonw said... (8/22/13 3:14 PM) Reply
margy.64 said... (8/22/13 5:07 AM) Reply
This looks lovely on you. It's always good to get someone else's opinion when you are unsure. So glad you didn't throw it away.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/22/13 2:37 AM) Reply
Looks gorgeous on you. The curved ruffle is much more attractive then I thought it would be. Yeah, listen to your daughter. It's a winner.
annie1129 said... (8/22/13 1:17 AM) Reply
OMG. You say it didn't work for you, but it looks great on you! Listen to your daughter!
mistyknits said... (8/21/13 10:45 PM) Reply
Really sharp!
Melwyk said... (8/21/13 10:41 PM) Reply
I love the sleeveless version -- it looks great! And the colour is wonderful.
JudieL said... (8/21/13 10:27 PM) Reply
Your daughter was right. The dress looks great!
knitsewmuch said... (8/20/13 11:10 PM) Reply
I personally do not wear styles well that don't have some type of shaping. This dress did not work for me because I felt it looked like a sack on my figure. I am planning to try the colorblocked version. The color blocking gives more of an illusion of shaping and I feel it may look better on my figure. It's just my personal preference. Update 8/24/13 The comment above was made prior to removing the sleeves. Thank you everyone for your comments. I am glad that I listened to my daughter. This dress is now affectionately known as the lemonade dress. I've changed the popular saying about life and lemons. Now I say when my sewing gives me lemons, make lemonade.
LPGA said... (8/20/13 10:07 PM) Reply
I actually prefer the dress that you have sewn rather than the one the model is wearing on the picture ! Beautiful fabric too. I just might give it a try !
Ruth C said... (8/20/13 9:52 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have planned to make it. You say it doesn't work with your figure--what figure type would it work for? Thanks

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2009-114