Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6067 (Misses' dress with pleats)

Review submitted in Little Black Dress Contest Contest

Posted on:11/30/12 9:28 PM
Last Updated:12/8/12 9:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
Ausgirl said... (11/19/13 9:26 PM) Reply
Stunning little number. What a versatile style and so elegant on you.
dreamdesigner said... (7/19/13 6:56 PM) Reply
OMG! Sew, sew cute!!!!!
HRigg said... (3/3/13 11:06 AM) Reply
I like to be inspired and this dress looks great. I wouldn't have picked it out to sew but now I have and am really pleased with the result. Thanks for sharing your photo and review.
wordchick said... (1/29/13 6:00 AM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you! Thanks so much for the review. I have this pattern and love it. I look forward to making it soon. You did an amazing job...
jlg said... (12/30/12 6:46 PM) Reply
Another inspiring and gorgeous LBD. You look so pretty in it.
newmama said... (12/29/12 6:49 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress! Great fit, great fabric, great buckle, it's just all wonderful.
Monica Ann said... (12/26/12 10:43 PM) Reply
Your dress is prettier than the pattern picture. Great job!
cleverkitty said... (12/23/12 9:18 AM) Reply
I missed this one and it's too good not to comment so here is my 2 cents..... Gorgeous!!! You look Amazing I applaud you for getting this done in all that was going on :)
BeckyMc said... (12/18/12 12:46 PM) Reply
Congratulations. I hoped your LBD would be the winner. I love that dress! Must go make one for myself!
ArtAttack said... (12/17/12 11:02 PM) Reply
A late congratulatory note...I voted for you and so happy that you won! A truly gorgeous dress...
NinaLBoston said... (12/11/12 3:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! and truly in the spirit of the LBD with the removable buckle. Thanks for your great notes regarding changes and challenges. Question: where did you get the knit poly used for the lining and what kind of knit is it? Thanks and congrats!
becca a said... (12/11/12 11:24 AM) Reply
This is an absolutely gorgeous dress! It fits you perfectly and the pleated detail is lovely. Congratulations on winning the LBD contest.
Lenarciak said... (12/11/12 5:33 AM) Reply
Congratulations! I love your dress - real winner! Thanks for pointing on this pattern. It is very interesting, amazing front! You can really make a lot of variation withit. You look great in it!
norie creates said... (12/10/12 7:57 PM) Reply
This is stunning! You look fabulous! Thanks for a great review.
mnitts said... (12/10/12 11:55 AM) Reply
Congrats on this gorgeous dress and I think the votes show you have won? You should rightly be very proud of yourself!
SewWil said... (12/9/12 1:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous LBD!!! You did a great job on this. Very flattering on you. Perfect buckle to finish it off.
Myspirit4 said... (12/9/12 9:21 AM) Reply
Elegant, timeless and a true work of art...absolutely beautiful on you!
ChristyInThePlayhouse said... (12/9/12 0:27 AM) Reply
You really must upgrade your sewing skills status. This is an outstanding effort and great result in an LBD. Looks great.
Amanda.Claire said... (12/8/12 9:57 PM) Reply
Ohhh, this is too pretty! Great job!!
Jo-Anne said... (12/8/12 7:36 PM) Reply
Terrific dress! I have been eying that pattern for months and now you've tilted me towards getting it and making it up soon!
miausiau said... (12/8/12 3:09 PM) Reply
Winner!!
nancy2001 said... (12/8/12 11:26 AM) Reply
Beautifully styled, beautifully made, and beautifully modelled. I voted for your entry and hope you win!
Lenarciak said... (12/5/12 11:17 AM) Reply
You have done a great job! I like the front of the bodice and the total picture is wonderful! Congratulations!
GoodbyeValntino said... (12/4/12 7:45 AM) Reply
What an amazing dress you've made. New Look needs to put you on the cover of its pattern. Wow!
Margaret said... (12/4/12 6:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful and versatile dress!
AtiyaAfi said... (12/3/12 11:56 PM) Reply
Extremely high end - TOL - with the material you used. You also chose a skirt length that was flattering for your height and figure which some the other reviewers did not do (the skirts were too short for their body type and did not look well on them). Compared to the other reviews I read for this pattern, if I didn't see your final version pix, I would definitely not want to sew the pattern. It just confirms that picking the right fabric can make or break a garment to look well or just look beginning Home Ec. Very good job. I can now consider making this dress.
jgmafpw said... (12/3/12 3:09 PM) Reply
Stunning!!!
Laurie Lou said... (12/3/12 2:11 PM) Reply
beautiful...pictures dress and you. and I can see why you love the fabric. It made up perfect in that pattern!
Baja Susana said... (12/2/12 7:28 AM) Reply
Just came back to rate your review "very helpful"
Baja Susana said... (12/2/12 7:26 AM) Reply
From the first photo to the last, I see a lovely, well executed, and elegant LBD! You look lovely in it, and styled it well. What fun to go to a nice hotel with friends to celebrate your new dress!
vivadiva said... (12/1/12 4:51 PM) Reply
I love the dress on you. I also adore the diamanté adornment on the front. Well done!
crazygrad said... (12/1/12 2:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Love the neckline!
Ladana said... (12/1/12 11:50 AM) Reply
This is truly a lovely dress. I love the pleats and fabric!
NJcowgirl said... (12/1/12 10:17 AM) Reply
Stunning LBD! Good luck in the contest.
prostheticsgirl said... (12/1/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and it looks stunning on you! The pleatsnand neckline are great details and love the belt option
Jrhee said... (12/1/12 9:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful LBD, looks perfect on you! Good luck in the contest!
prttynpnk said... (12/1/12 9:41 AM) Reply
Those pleats are totally enviable! I love this on you!
BillieJean said... (12/1/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
cowgirlbb said... (12/1/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Great first contest entry. In-depth review was very helpful. Excellent job.
Nancywin said... (12/1/12 5:30 AM) Reply
Glad you finished your dress in time. It looks wonderful. I hadn't noticed this pattern before. It looks much nicer on you than the envelope. I didn't even know there was such a thing as wool ponte knit.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (12/1/12 3:25 AM) Reply
Great dress! I haven't noticed this pattern before but will keep an eye out for it now!
ArtAttack said... (12/1/12 0:59 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous on you! Super versatile dress and beautifully made...great work!
wendyrb said... (11/30/12 11:01 PM) Reply
This is truly in the spirit of the LBD! T'ain't easy to get something to look good for cocktails and then with an orange sweater plus scarf. I might even like that shot the best. I love that you've already have fun out in your beautiful dress. You look terrific!
Quickie said... (11/30/12 10:53 PM) Reply
Your waistline and bodice are fabulous
mrstaylor said... (11/30/12 9:49 PM) Reply
How truly elegant you look. Well done on a beautifully made dress.
sewnotwork said... (11/30/12 9:43 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Pleats are great.
RadarRadiance said... (11/30/12 9:36 PM) Reply
This LBD looks amazing on you. I love the pleats and how figure flattering it is. I wouldn't have even looked at this pattern until I saw your version, you rock in it!!!!

by: STARG