Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6000 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:style inspired

About style inspiredstar
Canada
Member since: 6/4/10
Posted on:12/17/12 7:53 PM
Last Updated:2/2/13 9:48 AM

jgmafpw said... (12/27/12 4:47 PM) Reply
Great looking dress, very flattering!
newmama said... (12/23/12 12:24 PM) Reply
Love this dress! The collar and cuff details are really cute, and I like the dark blue you chose.
prostheticsgirl said... (12/18/12 9:20 AM) Reply
Wow, looks great! Every version I've seen of this dress is wonderful; I think I must have this pattern!
MondoVox said... (12/18/12 0:27 AM) Reply
I love this pattern and am so jealous every time someone makes it. Wish it came in my size but I'm not sure I could adjust it upward well enough. The details on this dress are what make it a looker.
prostheticsgirl said... (12/9/12 12:10 PM) Reply
I'm assuming the main issue you want to address is the slight gaping at the neckline? The shoulders also look a *tiny* touch wide (upper shoulder seam placement and small creasing under the arm). I have two thoughts initially, first would be to cut the upper bodice 1/2 to 1 size smaller and just grade out below that. The other thought is to place several small tucks along the neckline. Here's a good article http://www.sewnews.com/content_downloads/Fit_for_You_Hollow_Chest_May1999.pdf. I'm sure there are many others with much better advice; I've been sewing for many years but am just now starting to work toward fine tuning fit.
prostheticsgirl said... (12/9/12 11:59 AM) Reply
Can you post a few more pictures from different angles (including the back)? Honestly I think it's really good and no non-sewing person would probably notice, but I know we're often perfectionists of fit!
Bonnie K said... (12/8/12 11:26 PM) Reply
My gut feeling is that you will need to make a small tuck in the pattern at the neckline. I am smalll thru the front chest area and have to do this. Hope someone else comies along side to help if this isn't clear.

by: sew silly