Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23215 (coat)

Reviewed by:Tini

About Tinistarstarstar
GERMANY
Posted on:2/1/05 10:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Ellee said... (5/21/08 9:05 PM) Reply
Your coat is fantastic!! Lovely choice of fabric!!
Patti in IL said... (7/21/05 3:21 PM) Reply
This is great! I also have this pattern waiting for Fall sewing. I'm glad to hear about the wearing ease, too. Now I just have to choose a fabric!
MaryBeth said... (4/13/05 9:06 AM) Reply
Yeah! another inspiring coat review! Hopefully you won't have to be wearing it toooooo much longer this Spring. Glad to see the fake fur and to hear that it's cozy: have been wondering whether I'd like to use it on an attached coat collar or separately...
Annika said... (4/13/05 8:37 AM) Reply
How did I miss this one??? You coat is beautiful - love the accents on the sleeves, love the collar, love the color...
Kath said... (4/12/05 11:51 AM) Reply
I have this coat 1/2 done. The biggest problem for me was drawing the cutting lines. I am making it for my daughter who likes tight clothes so a tapered in the side panel a little. I hope to have it ready for hemming tomorow night, when daughter is showing up
KathleenS said... (2/4/05 1:57 AM) Reply
This looks like a good pattern (having read your and GaSouBelle's comments). I like all the options, and the size range is good too. Unfortunately I also have two winter coats and think it would be silly to have more - although I'm dreaming about blue, pink and cream ones (three coats :o, not one in three colours).
AnneM said... (2/2/05 4:00 PM) Reply
Great coat. Between your review & GaSouBelle's comments, this pattern sounds like a real winner.
Levone said... (2/2/05 2:35 PM) Reply
Great looking coat..very professional and polished looking.
Nancy Anne said... (2/2/05 6:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat and wonderful review! Love your collar!
Danvillegirl said... (2/2/05 5:56 AM) Reply
Lovely coat. Love the color of the fabric too.
Katharine in BXL said... (2/2/05 3:12 AM) Reply
*Gasp* Tini, it's BEAUTIFUL! How cool that you didn't need to totally fuse-interface this coat. Now your coat is still breathable. I'm going to remember this!
Asa Hagstrom said... (2/2/05 1:44 AM) Reply
Tini, I can picture you in this, and you look great in it! LOL The best thing about making outerwear is that you get to wear it alot - I hope you find plenty of opportunity to slip your coat on this winter, and many more to come.
Kathy Russell said... (2/2/05 0:06 AM) Reply
I love your coat. Your fabric choice is so nice and adding the fur at the collar really makes the coat POP. Nice job.
drsue said... (2/1/05 10:38 PM) Reply
What a gret coat! I like your idea of putting the interfacing on the underlining.
GaSouBelle said... (2/1/05 9:32 PM) Reply
I am so glad to see your review of this pattern. I bought this pattern & was sad to see that no one had reviewed it yet. I am a beginner & was a bit nervous about sewing this. It really is a great pattern! I am making View B out of a very dark port or eggplant corduroy. I had put it aside a few weeks ago as it doesn't get cold enough in Florida to usually have a need for a winter coat & I just lost my momentum. Seeing your coat & having a cold front come through has me anxious to finish. This pattern has the best fit of anything I've made so far. All I need to do is add my lining & pockets. I really love the Neue Mode patterns. For those in North America...Denver Fabrics has the cheapest Neue Mode patterns I could find & great service (30% cheaper than other sites)...but no pictures...so you have to look up the pattern # from another site. Great looking coat Tini & thanks for the motivation! P.S. to Hope K...if I can make this coat, you'll have no problem. I've only been sewing for 2 months & I am really surprised at how well mine is turning out. The instructions are good & there are some great sales for winter fabrics on the net as well as Joann's. I got my material for $1.50/yd at Joann's.
Jennifer shaw said... (2/1/05 8:04 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your gorgeous coat!! How wonderful that you made it yourself.
Gigi Louis said... (2/1/05 5:08 PM) Reply
What a beautiful, lady-like coat! I'm sure you look adorable in it.
Deepika said... (2/1/05 3:32 PM) Reply
Wow your coat is so nice. Everything goes so well and it looks like it fits nicely too. What a cool project!
PhyllisC said... (2/1/05 1:27 PM) Reply
What a great coat! The drawing in Treads looked promising and your version really confirms it's a great design.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/1/05 12:36 PM) Reply
Wow, Tini, that is *beautiful*! So classically feminine and looks so cozy warm. I love your fabric choices. It reminds me so much of a lovely coat my mother used to have.
redhead said... (2/1/05 11:06 AM) Reply
I love this coat, and such a pretty shade of blue. I have got to try a coat pattern this coming year. Thanks for the tip about using fusible on batiste and then sewing in. I think that might help in some instances.
llamaduck said... (2/1/05 10:53 AM) Reply
I too liked it in Threads. I think it looks good, and I like the collar. congrats!
Hope K said... (2/1/05 10:41 AM) Reply
Tini, I loved seeing this coat made up. I also really liked this coat in Threads, but I don't think I am good enough to make it yet. (Plus I don't have any coat fabrics in the stash.) Yours looks great, though!

Jalie 2445