Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6808 (Misses Easy Tops)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Available for sale on PR: $4.04 $4.49 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $4.04 $4.49 Pattern Details
karen n said... (2/18/13 11:58 PM) Reply
I've researched this a bit and one tutorial said to add it to an existing bust dart but it seems like that would make it a bigger cup size. I think a little experimentation might be called for.
JillyBe said... (2/18/13 7:18 PM) Reply
Good point karen! I believe that in this case I evened it out at the armscye by removing that 1/4" from the front piece. Depending on how the armscye fits, that would be the logical place (imho) to adjust, by either adding to the back or subtracting from the front.
karen n said... (2/18/13 0:43 AM) Reply
Thank you for the gaping neckline tip. I have that problem too. My question is now that the side is a 1/4" longer (front pattern), do you add 1/4" to the back pattern to make it match in length?
JillyBe said... (12/6/12 4:21 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone! I'm very happy with this top :)
sfshaza said... (12/6/12 7:25 AM) Reply
Really cute, Jillian. I love the 3/4 length sleeves and their flirty floaty little hem!
Christas said... (12/5/12 9:28 PM) Reply
Your new top looks wonderful on you. You did a fantastic job of fitting the neckline. So sorry about the cat bite. I hope you fully recover soon. Enjoy wearing your pretty top. I love the changes you made to the pattern.
newmama said... (12/5/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Love your top! Thanks for the how-to on fixing the gaping neckline, and I'm glad you are feeling better and able to sew again :)
Barbara V said... (12/5/12 11:51 AM) Reply
What a terrific fit you achieved with the neckline adjustment and what a pretty top in that print. Super job! It looks great on you.
betty bushwacker said... (12/5/12 9:51 AM) Reply
Jilly, I didn't give that pattern a second glance because of the wide neckline and the bow, but I love your version. Thanks for the gaping neckline help, I'll definitely be putting that to use. And best of luck with your kitty, if only we could speak their language...
marec said... (12/5/12 9:18 AM) Reply
Great top-I like the simplicity of the design, and the way it skims over your figure. Terrific fabric also.
redside said... (12/5/12 8:52 AM) Reply
You look happy! What a great combination.
Dilliander said... (12/5/12 8:35 AM) Reply
Lovely! Great fabric :)
GoodbyeValntino said... (12/5/12 7:47 AM) Reply
What a winner!!
Cuffs said... (12/4/12 10:42 PM) Reply
You chose a perfect, simple design to showcase that very interesting fabric. Love it!
Jstarr4250 said... (12/4/12 9:40 PM) Reply
Your version is wonderful. I'm looking forward to making this one soon.
margy.64 said... (12/4/12 9:33 PM) Reply
Lovely top. What a great pattern. This one is definitely going on my wish list. Thanks for the review.
ArtAttack said... (12/4/12 9:17 PM) Reply
Adorable on you! Love your fabric.