Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Mia Dress (Mia Dress)

Reviewed by:KatC83

About KatC83star
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 9/26/09
Posted on:12/7/12 1:36 AM
Last Updated:12/7/12 1:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
brissmith said... (12/26/12 5:27 AM) Reply
Love this look. I've just made up a muslin in this pattern and it seems a bit short in the waist for me. It looks like the elastic sits on your waistline. I might lengthen the bodice a bit for me. I've also left a comment on your blog. Cheers, Susan
KatC83 said... (12/12/12 1:45 PM) Reply
Oh, and the elastic length - around your waist, long enough to be somewhat stretched at your natural waist height. The pattern includes cutting guides for the shoulder elastic, I think.
KatC83 said... (12/12/12 1:44 PM) Reply
sewpelican - I just used what I had, which was 6mm (1/4 inch) elastic. I used the triple zig-zag stitch to attach it. You could use slightly wider elastic, but if it's too wide it would be bulky. Hope that helps :-)
sewpelican said... (12/11/12 6:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. My pattern arrived today, I cannot find written anywhere the width of elastic for the shoulder and waist areas, nor the length required in each area. Did you have this problem and how did you resolve it? Thanks for help.
KatC83 said... (12/9/12 3:21 PM) Reply
JEF - it's pinned temporarily, while I decide where to put a little snap.
JEF said... (12/9/12 7:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Is the center front at bust level pinned or stitched? It looks fastened but I couln't be sure.
Heatherrique said... (12/8/12 12:18 PM) Reply
Very stylish dress, and I like those sleeves!
KatC83 said... (12/8/12 4:36 AM) Reply
Thank you all! JenleeC, you've hit the nail on the head - it's brilliant to have a pattern which is wearable without alterations. To the ladies thinking about this pattern (or styleARC in general) - do it! You won't regret it :-)
jenleeC said... (12/7/12 9:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. Your dress looks great and as a 'no alterations' pattern test it fits you very well.
meggy said... (12/7/12 9:39 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I am so glad you posted this review as I had my eyes on this pattern as soon as it hit the StyleArc site.
michellep74 said... (12/7/12 1:09 PM) Reply
Lovely dress--it looks great on you!
Christas said... (12/7/12 8:26 AM) Reply
So pretty on you! I've never tried Style Arc patterns, but your review makes me want to!
Sew4Fun said... (12/7/12 7:55 AM) Reply
Nice dress! It's great to see this pattern made up so thanks for the review.
madebyj said... (12/7/12 4:43 AM) Reply
Looks super on you! This pattern is definitely a winner for you...
KatC83 said... (12/7/12 3:01 AM) Reply
Dilliander - I'm glad you found the review helpful! Annette - hahahaha, I don't know if you saw my recent review of Simplicity 2860 (there were nearly tears). It's wonderful to just be able to sew something and it works! And thank you both for your compliments :-)
Annette1 said... (12/7/12 2:49 AM) Reply
Did someone mention "wildly inconsistent" (with the Big 4)? That definitely made me smile in agreement. As for this lovely little Style Arc dress, it's just perfect, and you look so chic and yet comfortable in it. :o)
Dilliander said... (12/7/12 2:17 AM) Reply
Lovely to see this dress made up, it looks stylish, cool and comfortable. Thanks for the review and extra details on your blog.

by: julliams

Butterick jean

by: sewnaomi

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Jamie Christina Palooza Apron Pattern (JC309PA)

Favorite Things Uptown Coat Pattern