Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2856 (cowl neck top)

Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:2/2/05 8:21 AM
Last Updated:2/2/05 8:28 AM

elegantmusings said... (2/3/05 5:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for letting me know about the fabric! :)
ryan's mom said... (2/3/05 3:55 PM) Reply
I got the fabric on sale at fabric.com a few months ago.
elegantmusings said... (2/2/05 2:33 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern--almost exactly like a top I bought in the fall at New York & Co! Definately adding this one to my wish list; and thank you for the informative review. BTW: I really like the fabric--where did you get it?
Nickle said... (2/2/05 2:14 PM) Reply
Glad you still like your top after all the work you went through .It looks really nice in the pic with the black velour- very dressy. It looks like a top to wear out to a fancy resturant. Penny
ryan's mom said... (2/2/05 10:58 AM) Reply
Thanks Leslie in Austin. I was hoping for your input since you made the OOP top like this.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/2/05 10:23 AM) Reply
I made this top (skpped the clear elastic) and it has me befuddled as well. I think there are a couple of issues going on with this pattern: One, the "cuff" is too long for OTS for sure, so any arm movement pushes the collar up. Two, I think the neckline is too high, pressuring the collar to come up as well. Three, I think it must need a sturdier--maybe even wider elastic to stay down on the shoulders. That elastic should be very snug, but I think the 30" measurement is still probably too small, more geared for the other views. Think you and I need to do a RTW hunt for similar tops to see what they're doing differently. I think the OOP version of this pattern is better through the neckline for the OTS look. In all other ways, this one is better.
PVA said... (2/2/05 9:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- your top is beautiful! I'm not experienced enough with this design to help with the off-the-shoulder problem, but you can probably get some help with your next effort on the message boards. The members here are truly amazing! Thanks for the review.

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern