Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2856 (cowl neck top)

Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:2/2/05 8:21 AM
Last Updated:2/2/05 8:28 AM

elegantmusings said... (2/3/05 5:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for letting me know about the fabric! :)
ryan's mom said... (2/3/05 3:55 PM) Reply
I got the fabric on sale at fabric.com a few months ago.
elegantmusings said... (2/2/05 2:33 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern--almost exactly like a top I bought in the fall at New York & Co! Definately adding this one to my wish list; and thank you for the informative review. BTW: I really like the fabric--where did you get it?
Nickle said... (2/2/05 2:14 PM) Reply
Glad you still like your top after all the work you went through .It looks really nice in the pic with the black velour- very dressy. It looks like a top to wear out to a fancy resturant. Penny
ryan's mom said... (2/2/05 10:58 AM) Reply
Thanks Leslie in Austin. I was hoping for your input since you made the OOP top like this.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/2/05 10:23 AM) Reply
I made this top (skpped the clear elastic) and it has me befuddled as well. I think there are a couple of issues going on with this pattern: One, the "cuff" is too long for OTS for sure, so any arm movement pushes the collar up. Two, I think the neckline is too high, pressuring the collar to come up as well. Three, I think it must need a sturdier--maybe even wider elastic to stay down on the shoulders. That elastic should be very snug, but I think the 30" measurement is still probably too small, more geared for the other views. Think you and I need to do a RTW hunt for similar tops to see what they're doing differently. I think the OOP version of this pattern is better through the neckline for the OTS look. In all other ways, this one is better.
PVA said... (2/2/05 9:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- your top is beautiful! I'm not experienced enough with this design to help with the off-the-shoulder problem, but you can probably get some help with your next effort on the message boards. The members here are truly amazing! Thanks for the review.

Simplicity A1738 OOP