Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1320 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:12/22/12 1:21 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
MissCelie said... (10/4/14 7:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Nikki. Thanks for the detailed review. I'm thinking go making this one up myself.
becca a said... (2/23/14 6:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous red coat and great review.
roseisarose said... (12/29/12 6:28 PM) Reply
Nikki, thanks for the reply. I have excess fabric in the back as well. I'm thinking of putting darts in the back and back of the yoke. Maybe that will fix some of the extra fabric I have in arm scythe. If it works I will post again. Thanks again for the great pattern review.
Nikki said... (12/29/12 10:39 AM) Reply
Rose, I think the extra fabric at the armscye is due to the pattern design with the yoke and the unusual sleeves. I'm not sure that it could be easily adjusted...
roseisarose said... (12/28/12 7:39 PM) Reply
Your coat looks great. I just finished my muslin for this pattern, and there is a lot of bunching in the back shoulder. I noticed this happens some in your and several other finished versions of this coat. Any tips on how to get rid of some of the excess fabric there? Since it happens where three pieces come together, I'm not sure how to take it in.
valkyrie01 said... (12/23/12 4:03 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely! I did not think there was anyone out there still using horsehair canvas as I do! This is truly a haute couture piece. The shape is fantastic, and the drape. I am glad you perservered despite the challenges such as the collar and the kitty (excellent repair job btw, I would never have known of the altercation)! For what it is worth, Miyake's designs are always unusual; bits and pieces in unexpected places or asymmetrical parts. It makes for interesting designs. I have made up a few of his designs and feel really special in them. Again, lovely coat! Enjoy wearing it!
NJcowgirl said... (12/23/12 2:13 PM) Reply
Your buttonholes look great. Coat looks much much nicer than pattern photo. Great job
cleverkitty said... (12/23/12 9:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, thanks for the tip on the felting needles. love those buttonholes too :)
Elona said... (12/22/12 9:57 PM) Reply
Nikki, your work is beautiful!
Renata said... (12/22/12 9:54 PM) Reply
I like the line of that coat, casual yet elegant. I would love it even more if our 30 degree temp was F and not C. Gotta luv them cats!
miausiau said... (12/22/12 4:59 PM) Reply
This has been a very popular coat pattern. Others have commented on the odd construction as well. I think it looks expertly done. I've been buying warm coat lining from EOS, and seems of good quality.
BeaJay said... (12/22/12 4:20 PM) Reply
What a great coat. Looks cosy and very well made. A lovely result. Great colour too.
PattyE said... (12/22/12 1:40 PM) Reply
Great review...I have the fabric for this pattern so I appreciate your tips. Those durn kitties...LOL...your repair looks great. Nice coat!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117