Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:MariannaSew2Pro

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by MariannaSew2Pro using this Pattern

photophoto
MariannaSew2Pro said... (1/1/13 2:34 AM) Reply
Thanks so much all of you for the helpful and encouraging comments! You know, I'm going to pounce on the fabric shop soon as it opens on Wed for another fabric to try this in, as well the material for the V1247 skirt.
momsurfing said... (12/31/12 10:17 PM) Reply
i think your top looks better on you than the one on the pattern model. i do however feel your pain about the boxy shape. i've given away more creations because they aren't figure flattering. but that said, i does look good on you. maybe less boxy feeling with some skinny jeans?
prttynpnk said... (12/31/12 4:05 PM) Reply
It really is a hard top on some of us- I've made it in a silky fabric and it lays better, but it always needs some fit finagling when I make one.
Lori V said... (12/31/12 3:42 PM) Reply
This is a hard top to wear. I enjoyed sewing mine but not sure I enjoy wearing it. I do think you look cute, maybe give it some time and you will like it.
MNBarb said... (12/31/12 1:14 PM) Reply
This is a difficult top to wear. Don't beat yourself up over it. I've seen other reviews and think your finished garment, on you, looks better than some. There is no figure that is flattered by boxy but your fabric choice really helped. It is more floaty than cardboardy. I think it looks cute with the skirt. If you donate it, it will be in good company with my latest failure!
sewbehind said... (12/31/12 12:45 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you don't like it after all those French seams! I think it looks cute on you, however it is what you think that matters. Helpful review, about going down a few sizes in the top.

by: SewWil