|Pattern Description: |
Misses' Go Everywhere Pull-on Pants, Skirt in two lengths, Pullover Top or Tunic and Unlined Jacket.
Sizes 8, 10 and 12 Miss
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. They were easy and included everything... except to hem the bottom of the shirt... which should be understood, so no biggie.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Ummmm... the directions were easy.
It's a pattern from the 80s. Therefore, it has that hideous boxy style. I thought if I tried to tailor the top, it would look awesome... But that clearly did not happen. I shouldn't have had high expectations, but what can I say, I'm an eternal optimist!
Another complaint was the length of the top. I added more than an inch and it barely reaches my waist. I know that was the style then, but it looks dumb.
A purple stretch knit. I thought, "what the hell." I only had about a yard of the fabric and the pattern required 3/4ths.
Now you ask, "Why would you use a stretch knit on this glorified pillow case?" Well my sewing friends, amazingly enough, the pattern specifies that it is ONLY sized for stretch knits. I can't imagine why this shirt would need any stretch as the openings on it are larger than the the US fiscal deficit. But I followed the rules anyway, cause that's how I roll.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I took in the front to make it more form fitting. Yeah... that's right. This is the outcome AFTER tailoring. I also added more than an inch to the bottom.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Of course not. I wouldn't recommend it either. I just happen to have an aunt who constantly shops garage sales and finds all the patterns that someone else had the good sense to get rid of. (You may have already figured this out from reading my other out-dated pattern reviews.) By the way, Thanks Aunt C!
I didn't like the pattern. But I did get a lot of good practice from sewing it. I finally used interfacing correctly. In fact, I interfaced like a champion! I practically spanked the collar and put it to bed like a naughty little toddler. I also felt that way about the bottom hem, until I realized my bobbin ran out of orange thread. Not so bad right, until the machine picked up the black thread that was under it... (I know, I know, you're not supposed to double wind a bobbin with another color... but I ran out of bobbins and was desperate!) Anyway, I spent the better part of an hour trying to pick out black thread deeply ensconced in the rib of a stretch knit. Spoiler alert: it sucked. But I learned my lesson, so it wasn't all for naught.