Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8863 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:1/2/13 7:38 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/3/14 1:33 PM) Reply
Hmm remove the added sleeve, use a black sweater for the lower arm part, trade out all or 1 or 2 of the purple buttons for a large black button to tie it all together.. I rather like it with the buttons…
Janet Kay said... (10/4/13 0:46 AM) Reply
I've nearly finished the darned thing and was very disappointed in the instructions and some of the pictures. There's no way this pattern should be considered "easy". I've been sewing for a very long time but this was a disappointment.
Fabric Hog said... (3/11/13 12:50 PM) Reply
If the style doesn't suit you and really don't like it, you might not want to mess with it anymore. But have you tried just takinig the bottom sleeve off? the other idea would be to shorten the fleece part of the sleeve and make the jacket a vest. I hate it when a project just doesn't come together. It must be the miser in me. I have a hard time tossing it. Good luck!
ArtAttack said... (1/3/13 1:34 PM) Reply
Dang, what a shame! It's cute...I hate it when that happens. Maybe you can go back to it someday when you get funkier. I always think I am less funky than I really am...lol Fab review anyway!
AndreaSews said... (1/3/13 0:46 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review, I have been waiting for one on this jacket. I really love the version with the buttons! I agree that you should try to find a friend who will love it and wear it - it is too pretty to let it be unloved!
hmacski said... (1/2/13 9:14 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this jacket didn't suit you after all the work you put in to it. I've been hoping for a review of this jacket and appreciate all the details of your process with this. I think this pattern will be on my wait and see list
K_sew said... (1/2/13 9:01 PM) Reply
I've made projects I don't like a number of times too. Perhaps you have an "avant garde" friend who would love this; then you can make her happy and it won't be a total loss!

Understanding Wool Fabrics