Pattern Description: From Vogue's website: " Dresses A, B have fitted, pleated bodice, front neckline finished with bias tape, back zipper, flared skirt and stitched hems. A: armholes finished with bias tape. B: three-quarter length sleeves and purchased belt."
Pattern Sizing: 6-22 (30.5-44 inch bust)
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? More or less.
Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't really follow them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the cut.
Fabric Used: Cotton interlock from Fabric.com
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
1. I omitted the zipper after reading reviews.
2. I treated the pleats as darts and sewed them down to the inside. I left out the middle one.
3. I added a pocket on the right side.
4. I used Steam-a-Seam Lite 2, as suggested at 3 Hours Past, to stabilize the hem on skirt and sleeves. I loved it.
5. I used this tip to put clear elastic in at the shoulders and the front of the neckline.
6. I folded over the neckline instead of using the bias tape.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and yes! Conclusion: