MISSES' TOP: Fitted top has raised waist/hemline variations and narrow hem. A and B: back zipper. C: pullover, wrong side shows (back hemline), back neck slit with hook/eye closing. B and C: stitched hems on sleeves. Purchase bias tape to finish necklines and armholes A.
Sized from 8-24 - I started with a size 24
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Nope. I totally changed this up!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes they were helpful but since I changed this from a top to a jacket they were helpful only so much.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
How much it looked like this inspiration photo.
A wool woven that was purchased backed with a fusible interfacing.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
There were quite a few changes made to the pattern to change it from a top to a jacket.
1. Added a button front placket to the front
2. Moved the dart from the center front to the side bustline area
3. Added width to the front peplum so that it would match the bodice front along with the same button front placket.
4. Placed the back peplum on the fold instead of cutting it out with a seam.
5. Added a lining to the jacket.
6. Added buttons and buttonholes to the jacket front.
All pattern changes can be found here. All of the construction information can be found here.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would definitely like to make this again but as a top.
I know that I totally changed this up and it's not the wonderful top that everyone else has made but it makes an amazing jacket and I would encourage people to try changing up the pattern.