Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 503 (Lingerie Set (Slip & Knickers))

Reviewed by:ak21

About ak21starstar
AUSTRIA
Member since: 5/11/10
Posted on:1/12/13 6:31 AM

ak21 said... (1/18/13 4:32 AM) Reply
@styleinspired - the knickers have 3 buttons down the side however you could indeed use snap closures. I might try these considering there is so much interest....I just fear to model them :)
brissie71 said... (1/13/13 2:43 AM) Reply
Stunning! I liked the link to your blog, too. Lots of interesting reading!
renren said... (1/12/13 9:43 AM) Reply
ak21, I was actually going to ask if it was Butterick for the U.S. or a European printing, and I did not because I thought, Butterick is U.S. Well, there you have it . . . Butterick of London. I was very curious about the word "knickers" which I associate with either England or Australia OR U.S. people of a much older generation. Thanks for the response. And I do think those gusseted knickers look very comfy!!!
style inspired said... (1/12/13 9:28 AM) Reply
lovely! Based on the hairstyles on the illustration, I'm guessing it's from the 1940s. Do the knickers have a snap closure?
ak21 said... (1/12/13 9:14 AM) Reply
Ive updated my blog with the details on the pattern regarding its date. I kinda like that its a bit of a mystery TBH but my curiosity is a bugger too.
caper81 said... (1/12/13 9:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful slip! I actually bought an old pattern recently that resembles this slip. I would like to make it for my future sister-in-law. Seems to be the new thing for a Bride-to-be (lingerie parties, that is). That, and a nice robe. Very cool to get a Vintage pattern passed down to you :)
ak21 said... (1/12/13 9:03 AM) Reply
Hi Renren, this is something I meant to mention on my blog. I cannot see any date on the pattern AT ALL. The most I can see is Butterick of London. I am very curious as to when this pattern was printed myself. I might have to do some investigation with Butterick!!
renren said... (1/12/13 8:12 AM) Reply
Very lovely slip/nightgown. I'm fascinated by the use of the word "knickers" in this vintage Butterick pattern whose image is shown at your blog. I'm very curious about the copyright date of this old pattern! Beautiful color of fabric, too.

Lekala Patterns 6131

by: BirdyBooo

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?