Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Chopin Blouse

About Diana Hilliardstar

Posted on:8/1/02 11:58 AM
Last Updated:8/1/02 12:01 PM

said... (9/5/02 6:05 PM) Reply
Julie, Hope you see this or your other two comments on reviews. Sew what's new? Don't forget to oil your antique Singer.
said... (8/5/02 6:04 PM) Reply
No wonder heads are turned, it's stunning Diana, simply great.
said... (8/5/02 5:09 PM) Reply
Ann, could you post a photo? I love the sound of your "version" and I would love to see it!
said... (8/5/02 4:50 AM) Reply
I made this last year out of a subtle stripe rayon. The stripes made an attractive effect. I accidentally sewed the tricky shirred collar on facing inside. It was such a bother I didn't want to take it apart. But I found that it worked to leave it inside out and fold it down so the shirring would show. That way the collar is not so tall. A totally different look created by mistake!
said... (8/2/02 10:53 AM) Reply
Diana, your blouses are beautiful. I esp. like the white one--very classy.I'll be it WAS a pain in the neck, but worth it because it's so unique.
said... (8/2/02 10:05 AM) Reply
I love the shape of the blouse but have not been crazy about the overlays. If you do it withou the overlays, please post an update with photos.
said... (8/2/02 3:09 AM) Reply
Diana, your Chopins are beautiful! I saw a class for this top in the newsletter I picked up at D'Leas Fabric store in Denver last month. The top is referred to as a blouse or a jacket, and they suggest silk dupionni. Your versions are wonderful!
said... (8/1/02 8:51 PM) Reply
Stencilling is a blast...such quick results! Diane Ericson has a wonderful site and lots of stencils and ideas to compliment her article, but stencils are reasonably easy to cut from ordinary sheet protectors (the kind you use in 3 ring binders) and there are design ideas all over the internet. Do give it a try.
said... (8/1/02 8:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the wonderful review Diana. Such beautiful workmanship in your garments!
said... (8/1/02 3:22 PM) Reply
Diana, This is beautiful! I especially like the stencilling detail and the flaps. Was that from an article in THreads a while back? I'll have to check my stash. Great review.
said... (8/1/02 1:41 PM) Reply
Diana, thanks for your wonderful review. This one has been on my "to do" list for a long time! I actually like your 2nd version without the ruching better. The stencilling is lovely too! Hmmm, perhaps I will try digging out my pleater that I bought from Clotilde eons ago.
said... (8/1/02 1:36 PM) Reply
Diana, this shirt is beautiful. Thank you for your detailed and imaginative review.
said... (8/1/02 12:59 PM) Reply
Thanks, Diana, for another great review! This was the first SW pattern I purchased but I haven't had the nerve to sew it yet (haven't found the Perfect Fabric, for one thing). Your tips will help a lot when I do get around to it.

by: marie elis...