Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7790 (7790)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
NH USA
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:2/8/05 2:25 PM
Last Updated:12/27/05 3:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
janella said... (10/24/07 2:44 AM) Reply
very pretty. I just made this pattern.
blue mooney said... (12/31/05 7:12 AM) Reply
Thanks very much for the additional info. You've inspired me!
SewVeryTall said... (12/30/05 2:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the reply with extra info, Irene! I'm definitely going to try 'no leg elastic' on my favorite thigh highs. I guess I imagined having to 'tuck them in' as I pulled my jeans on...but if they are cute, cool, and comfy in wearing, that's the important things.
Irene Q said... (12/28/05 9:31 AM) Reply
Re: the panties - there's no elastic on the legs, and the pattern is for woven fabrics and is not cut on the bias. I think you call this style tap pants but they're also a lot like men's boxers. :-) I've worn each pair once and the second, longer pair was especially comfortable under jeans. They're very "breezy" and really didn't ride up or bind like I expected. I made these on a whim, just so I could get an extra point in the stash contest, but they turned out to be practical as well as very pretty. If you need lots of air circulation in hot weather, like I do, give them a try!
guillorypr said... (12/28/05 9:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I also make all my own slips, and they are so nice! A neat trick for Dharma silk is to buy some dye and you can dye their silk yourself. You get lovely colors!
blue mooney said... (12/28/05 6:49 AM) Reply
Oooh, silk undies! I hope you're enjoying them, they look so luxurious. I also wonder about what seems to be the lack of elastic on the panty legs. Can you elaborate, please?
SewVeryTall said... (12/28/05 5:50 AM) Reply
So pretty, Irene! The lace really gives a feminine touch, and I like the way it is also on the slip's slit. Now something I'm really really curious about...it appears that there is no elastic in the legs of the panties, and I think I just might like that a lot. Have you had a chance to test drive them yet, and if so, do you like them without leg elastic? I'm bookmarking your review so I remember to come back and see your answer :)
Irene Q said... (3/1/05 8:14 AM) Reply
Peggy, I prewashed the fabric on delicate, and intend to keep washing it by machine. It would probably last longer with hand washing, though. You can find lots of talk about this on the boards, too.
Peggy L said... (2/28/05 7:09 PM) Reply
Irene - this is really pretty! Duh type of question - but is it washible on the delicate cycle?
Minya, Warrior Seamstress said... (2/27/05 8:35 PM) Reply
Thank you for telling me about the lace. I am picky about the laces I will use, and it would be a shame to start and find I need more yardage because what I have isn't quite what the pattern calls for.
BjP said... (2/27/05 5:01 PM) Reply
Very lovely - I forgot what it's like to wear a slip, but this looks wonderful!
Jennifer shaw said... (2/27/05 4:47 PM) Reply
Your slip is so pretty! I hope that you love wearing it.
Irene Q said... (2/27/05 4:18 PM) Reply
Dr. Sue, this slip is cut on the straight grain, as are all the pieces in this pattern except the teddy which is on the bias.
drsue said... (2/27/05 3:13 PM) Reply
Irene: I'm planning on making a slip with some leftover silk but don't have a pattern. Is this cut on the straight grain or the bias? Thanks.
Mary Stiefer said... (2/27/05 2:55 PM) Reply
Irene Q - you sure have been busy and everything looks great. I need to get out of my slump and get busy. Thanks for the inspiration.
Irene Q said... (2/9/05 2:52 PM) Reply
Kathy, I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, so I'm still undecided. It's certainly prettier than my old tricot version! Hope to have a photo soon.
Gloria Allender said... (2/9/05 10:00 AM) Reply
Don't you just love the feel of silk against your skin?! I'm so happy that you indulged yourself. Let us know how the camisole turns out.
Kathy Russell said... (2/9/05 0:11 AM) Reply
I just have to ask if you are now sold on the quote "treat yourself to a halfslip inb prewashed silk...."I have a slip pattern and will be making one by spring.

Self Drafted Pattern Baby Diaper